Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3 screenshots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Max has really let himself go.
    Still loved both the max payne games so hopefully this wont disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Will, it is supposed to be set 10 years later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

oh i like the mixed dual weilding. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Those screenshots look quite meh. They don't look like the Max Payne I know and love. They look like a new character, like a cookie cutter videogame protagonist. Is remedy even the dev? On the Remedy note, has anyone any scoop on Alan Wake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Stephen wrote: »
    Will, it is supposed to be set 10 years later :)
    That explains the look. Still I wouldn't have betted on Max living another 10 years after the events of MP2....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hmmm...Using a brandname to sell more and so that they don't get accussed of just ripping off MP 1 / 2. Not a fan of that and I'm not too sure on the screens either.

I hope for the best because I loved 1 and 2 but it's not the same without wandering into a subway toilet and wondering if you should tell Max to squat so his facial expression can clear up :pac:

🤪

Is remedy even the dev?

I think Rockstar are doing it all by themselves. Apparently they won't be using the same voice actor either. I'd like to see a trailer for this but the screenshots don't look anything like a Max Payne game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone know which rockstar team are developing it? Hope it's rockstar Vancouver who did the excellent Warriors and bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sam Lake isn't involved.
    He's not wearing a suit.

Two reasons I'm not particularly interested in this. If I could pick three things that made Max Payne, Max Payne, it's the suit, the story and the painkiller addiction and they've removed two of those (one seemingly, one certainly).

Still, if they keep the combat interesting, they might churn out something worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone know which rockstar team are developing it? Hope it's rockstar Vancouver who did the excellent Warriors and bully.
    Yep, its Rockstar Vancouver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

why is he holding the guns so incorrectly...

12274_4a4135655aed9_thumbnail.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, its Rockstar Vancouver.

Didn't think too highly of the other games but now I'm interested in this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Looks more like the last Splinter Cell title than Max Payne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Yippie kai yay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

5uspect wrote: »
    Looks more like the last Splinter Cell title than Max Payne.
    Yeah, it's got that shiny/sweaty textures. The screenshots are fairly bright, not very film noir at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Looks meh to me, where's the next gen graphics?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

not very film noir at all...

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Looks like it's set in Brazil, which is odd. Maybe it's just a section that's like that and the rest will be some good old fashioned noir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

wow, this dosnt look like max payne at all. hopefully it will be good though. At least it's coming from a reputable dev

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Max really has had it tough in life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

The story sounds like a game version of 2004's "Man on Fire" to me.
    (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.)

The screenshots however, look an awful lot like the Playstation series "Uncharted"; so I'll hold out judgement until we see it in action...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Dear God, this looks awful.
    I thought the guy in the first shot I saw was a baddie, didn't even realise it's supposed to be Payne.
    Apparently it is set in Brazil according to this and from another site:
    12 years after the events of Max Payne 2, Max finds himself in Sao Paolo, Brazil – where security work is plentiful but the risks are high. When murder and betrayal dog his every step, Max is once again thrust into the heart of a brutal city with nothing but his weapons and his instincts in a desperate search for truth and a way out
    I liked the comment that it's Fr Grigori in the Bahamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It looks like Resident Evil Five. I hope they haven't ditched the noir feel of the series,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

silvine wrote: »
    It looks like Resident Evil Five. I hope they haven't ditched the noir feel of the series,

Feck, I was just reading the thread thinking: 'Why has body said that yet?'

It explains the dress code too.

This maybe too quick to judge but the screen shots have all the markings of just another action game, lacking everything that Max Payne had. I suppose that's a risk they are taking with not doing more of the same, but maybe more of the same would have been better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

humanji wrote: »
    Looks like it's set in Brazil, which is odd. Maybe it's just a section that's like that and the rest will be some good old fashioned noir.

I suppose its possible. However, how you're supposed to get that atmosphere in the midst of 'Carnivale!!!! country with the wimmin and the beaches and the like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I actually had the thought that it was kind of like in old 80's murder mystery shows where they pull out all the stops and send the hero off to somewhere exotic, kind of like when Jessica Fletcher goes to Hawaii and meets Magnum. Maybe they're having a Max Payne/Modern Warfare 2 crossover episode? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

humanji wrote: »
    I actually had the thought that it was kind of like in old 80's murder mystery shows where they pull out all the stops and send the hero off to somewhere exotic, kind of like when Jessica Fletcher goes to Hawaii and meets Magnum. Maybe they're having a Max Payne/Modern Warfare 2 crossover episode? :D

More likely between 'Scarecrow and Mrs King" and "Millenium"....You can just smell the chemistry...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

They've definitely ditched James McCaffrey who voices the 1st too games.

Good news is that the internal monologues are still part of the game:
    Like a serpent coiling around the soul of an egg-yolk pregnant with nauseating uncertainty.

Max has got a whopper of a pain killer addiction.
    Bullet time is back along with duel wielding and a new cover system.

Story here

This is definitley on my watch list, loved the first 2 games, (apart from the walking along a red line in a black background during a nightmare flashback sequence - my god I hated that bit.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

What can they do to beat its predecessors?

There are also other games similar that it has to be unique

Stranglehold, Dead To Rights and many others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

lay off the carbs max

Advertisement