Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderflower Champagne

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi All,
    I have decided to attempt to make my own elderflower champagne and have everything except the bottles would anyone know where i can get some groltch type bottles with the hinged cap?? any help or advise would be brilliant.
    cheers or soon to cheers
    Ronan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Start ordering/buying beer. Otherwise a trip to Ikea will be needed.
    Good luck with that, and remember though... you can't call it champagne :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

My brother and sister just bought some from a crowd in dublin, look pretty cool, about €1.20 for a 500ml bottle, €1.50 for a litre bottle. I can't remember their name but I will send you the name and their website when I get it off them

http://www.alpack.ie/

They are based in Dublin and gave some free samples to them to see which ones suited, incidently they are using them for elderflower cordial:)

Well look at that, I used to look after their IT when I worked at another company. Never knew they did those, always thought it was just jars etc.

might get you a nice discount:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 worsel

Hi Ronanl..
    I wounder could you Please Help !
    I have just this Evening made some Elderflower Champagne..Using the Following receipt .. http://www.instructables.com/id/Elderflower-Champagne-A-cool-crisp-BBQ-booze-/
    This is for 6 Litres - 2 Kg of Sugar - 25 Heads (Flower heads that is !!)
    After Making up the Mix - i've being surfing through the Web - Looking at different Sites--
    Do you think I've used too muck Sugar??
    Should I add more Water ?
    OR will it be OK

Hi Me Again..
    Still think I used too much Sugar??
    Just being to Make your own bubbly with this elderflower champagne recipe from River Cottage
    http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/elderflower-champagne-recipe_p_1.html

What should I do ???
    Can Get Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall on the Phone!!!
    He on Ch.4 at 8 o' clock !!!
    HELP ! Somebody...

Make sure you add some wine yeast as it will ferment all the sugar. It will be a strong then :D

Hi Saruman,
    Thanks for Reply.
    Where Can I get wine yeast ??
    Would you have any advice on Bottling - this stuff produces a lot of co2.
    I heard of bottles exploding - Some have suggested Plastic Pop bottles - Any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Since it's a bit of a hassle to get champagne bottles, corks and champagne corker I use the bottles from a brand of Lemonade called "Lorina."
    They are glass bottles with hinged replaceable cork lids and they handle the pressure of a carbonated soft drink, I've had no issues of exploding bottles with them.
    I found them perfect for the task, the brand is widely available, I've seen it in Tesco and I think in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement