Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC tutors

• 24-06-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have an interview to go on the panel of tutors for my local VEC.
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the interview.
    Also for anyone already on a VEC panel, do you get called often, is it for once of day courses and were you long waiting on something after you got accepted onto the panel?
    Any advice or info appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not sure what you mean by tutors - literacy tutors? Or do you mean the panel for teachers at second level?

The panel for the CDVEC gets a good hammering at the start of the school year. Once August and September are over, less people are called from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

HI There

I mean adult evening education tutors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

They interview everyone and then those that are accepted go on a panel in order of merit, are you interviewing for more than one subject. They award point based on certain things, academic qualifications, experience etc.. After the interview if succesful you get a letter telling you where on the panel you are for each subject. Then as work becomes available the positions are offered from the top of the panle done, or are supposed to be. So if you are 1 on he panle then you should be offered each job before anyone else...though experince has shown me that is not always the case.

Advertisement