Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tea time express talbot street

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi

Is this an actual bakery you can go into? is it the same company that make those boxed cakes? are the cakes in the bakery really good, what do they have?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

It's a shop where they get deliveries from a central bakery (I imagine).

The bread and cakes are wonderfully unpretentious old style and the prices are very good. The same values are applied to their lunchtime sandwich and roll trade. the staff there are genuinely friendly too. It's probably the only nice shop on the entire street.

I am a slightly overweight living testament to the power of their Fruit Danish.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

TTE are baking from Chapelizod ind estate for years now.
    As for Danish Pastries...the cuisine de france ones are to die for!!...funy thing is I really like the mince onces.

Clytus wrote: »
    the cuisine de france ones are to die for.

cuisine de france = chemical warfare. Their products are inedible. Just my opinion of course but I think all their stuff is vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    The bread and cakes are wonderfully unpretentious old style and the prices are very good. The same values are applied to their lunchtime sandwich and roll trade. the staff there are genuinely friendly too. It's probably the only nice shop on the entire street.

I am a slightly overweight living testament to the power of their Fruit Danish.

I agree on the fruit pastries. Lovely.

Only nice shop on the street? It's probably changed a bit since your last visit in 1987.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Tea Time Express is an excellent small shop, they sell a variety of breads, cakes and buns (along with sandwiches and other lunch time bits) from their Talbot st store. Well worth popping into if you have a sweet tooth.

• Advertisement

Only nice shop on the street? It's probably changed a bit since your last visit in 1987.

My last visit was 10 minutes ago. Sadly I work there. It's a vile street.

My last visit was 10 minutes ago. Sadly I work there. It's a vile street.

My oh my, you do eat alot of cakes don't you? I also work on Talbot St and I quite like it (we should do lunch). It has plenty of good shops that I often pop into over lunch. To describe it as vile is totally over the top, and a little strange :confused:. I would ask others to disregard Slaphead07's opinion on this matter. It's a grand spot.

Back on topic, TTE does a great fruit strudel. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Vile' seems to be Slaphead's mot du jour.

Tea Time Express do quite a nice 'GI' bread.

My oh my, you do eat alot of cakes don't you?
    Eh no, I was in the charming Easons.
    It has plenty of good shops that I often pop into over lunch. To describe it as vile is totally over the top, and a little strange :confused:. I would ask others to disregard Slaphead07's opinion on this matter. It's a grand spot.

It is, and has been for decades, a festering stream of primordial ooze. If you think Guineys and Paddy’s World of Oirish Gob****ery are a great place to have a lunchtime browse then you’re a lucky, if misguided, man.

Eh no, I was in the charming Easons.

It is, and has been for decades, a festering stream of primordial ooze. If you think Guineys and Paddy’s World of Oirish Gob****ery are a great place to have a lunchtime browse then you’re a lucky, if misguided, man.

Can somebody please stop this crazed man?

• Advertisement

You'll blend.
    spurious wrote: »
    'Vile' seems to be Slaphead's mot du jour.

Given that the uses of the word were over three weeks apart I'm guessing you're not a native French speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I can understand the dislike for talbot street it's not hell but it's pretty drab with tad too many junkies up and down it but i find it fine overall. I am going to try tea time express later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

So have Minstrel and Slaphead "done lunch" yet??:D:D:D

blackbelt wrote: »
    So have Minstrel and Slaphead "done lunch" yet??:D:D:D

No. But I did throw a few bob into his battered old Starbucks cup.
    I'm moving office over to the civilised side of the city in the few weeks anyway (compassionate grounds) but I promise to eat in the Talbot 101 everytime I go to The Abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I'm moving office over to the civilised side of the city in the few weeks anyway (compassionate grounds) but I promise to eat in the Talbot 101 everytime I go to The Abbey.

Ah you could meet The Minstrel near Christchurch and eat some fish n chips from Leo Burdocks followed by dessert from the Tea Time Express.I hear the folks are pretty generous on Talbot Street.Your good self could treat The Minstrel to lunch followed by custard creams.:D

Slaphead, you really are a pratt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Minstrel and Slaphead. Cop the hell on.

Both banned for a week.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement