Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead: Free online play for silver accounts this weekend

• 24-06-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Well I can tell you my 8 year old daughter is alrady excited about this shes been nagging me to upgrade her xbox live to gold so she can play L4D online. And yes she plays it with a pink controler, what can I say she like to kill Zombies in style.

Just though id let you guys know who are on silver accounts and havent played online in a while. I would imagine this weekend will be busy for L4D playing now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Well I can tell you my 8 year old daughter is alrady excited about this shes been nagging me to upgrade her xbox live to gold so she can play L4D online. And yes she plays it with a pink controler, what can I say she like to kill Zombies in style.

Just though id let you guys know who are on silver accounts and havent played online in a while. I would imagine this weekend will be busy for L4D playing now.

Thought this was a strange enough offer by microsoft. Can't imagine that there are too many people on silver who own L4D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well I am on silver atm so ill get the use as will other family members.

I only get gold for 3 months at a time, then let it lapse for a few weeks while I concentrate on single player games. My gold expired a month ago and I havent bothered to upgrade it yet. I will eventually but for this weekend ill play some L4D on line as ive not really played that one online yet.

That said I do see what you mean this game is really only ment to be played online and theres not a lot of point playing the single player version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Funlinkz

Kwel Will see ya online
    Might get the yung um onto play ya yung um

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

See I thought they were allowing the download of the game! Not that brilliant a promotion after all so.

ah sure it wil give me somthing to do over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

You do know it's an 18's game don't you!

Bit of a harmless offer. Possibly because of the public backlash at the announcement of L4D 2, which most players seem to think should have been an expansion pack (or DLC I suppose it's called nowadays) to the original game.

smooch71 wrote: »
    You do know it's an 18's game don't you!

Yes but its ok she is 9 next week, half way there. ANyway we had some good father daughter time over the weeken playing it. I noticed i was still able to play it this after noon they had not turned it off yeto.

Advertisement