Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí outside Wavin yesterday Tuesday 23rd

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Trying to see if anyone can shed any light on the huge number of Gards outside Wavin and also at the Whitehart Rd in Balrothery.
    Must have been something to do with the Halting site in Millers Lane,,
    Anyone else spot this,, The Gardai were there from before 7:30am to at least noon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Dubrub wrote: »
    Trying to see if anyone can shed any light on the huge number of Gards outside Wavin and also at the Whitehart Rd in Balrothery.
    Must have been something to do with the Halting site in Millers Lane,,
    Anyone else spot this,, The Gardai were there from before 7:30am to at least noon.

Yeah a friend of mine drove past at about 10 and said it seemed to be a problem in Halting Site alright.(never even seen a halting site there myself)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

There's been a halting site at tanner's water since i was tiny. When my sister was still in a pram, we we're out for a walk one day and one of the <snip> ran up and stole her soother from her mouth. (god knows why we were walking by that ****hole in the first place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Must get to know the area a bit better so...

PS.say your post will about to be edited :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Wobzilla banned for a month. Insulting & abusive comments will not be tolerated. HB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

suzieb wrote: »
    Must get to know the area a bit better so...
    Travellers have been living on that site along Tanners Water, beside the old mill for the guts of 100 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Could've been a standard tax/insurance checkpoint. Outside Wavin is a popular spot for the Guards to do this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I,ve cycled up past that site and indeed the one at bog o the ring hundreds of times and never had any bother at all.
    I think the fact that someone said they didn't even know there was a site there says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

That WWII style air-raid siren was going off at Wavin yesterday.......a clue perhaps???

Helmet wrote: »
    That WWII style air-raid siren was going off at Wavin yesterday.......a clue perhaps???
    No, absolutely nothing to do with it.

That was a planned fire alarm test and no members of AGS were required for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

That's me set straight so.........that siren is a wee but eerie though isn't it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

Tis alright, I thought the English were coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

At least theyr setting it off during the day now! Used to be a 3 a.m. job!

At least theyr setting it off during the day now! Used to be a 3 a.m. job!
    It's never been tested at 3 am. Whenever it has gone off at night has been for a real fire.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It's never been tested at 3 am. Whenever it has gone off at night has been for a real fire.

nope-check previous threads on topic-plenty of complaints been made!

nope-check previous threads on topic-plenty of complaints been made!
    I know about the previous threads but I can categorically say it has never been tested outside of 9am to 5pm.

Not sure why it has to be said again but if you hear it outside of this time it's for a real fire alarm.

For the record it's tested twice a year.

Hmmmm nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement