Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions????

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

With the upcoming European qualifiers what do you think of or chances???

Senior Women Schedule

Division B
    Group A

Aug 15; 14:30
    Montenegro (H)

Aug 19
    Slovenia (A)

Aug 22; 14:30
    Switzerland (H)

Aug 26
    Iceland (A)

Aug 29; 15:00
    Netherlands (H)

My Prediction Lose, lose, win, win win

Senior Men Schedule

Division B
    Group C

Aug 15; 17:00
    Sweden (H)

Aug 19
    Georgia (A)

Aug 22; 17:00
    Luxembourg (H)

Aug 29
    Slovak Rep (A)

Group C 1. SwedenSweden.gif5-0 2. GeorgiaGeorgia.gif3-1 3. SlovakiaSlovakia.gif3-2 4. IrelandIreland.gif1-4
    5. Luxembourg.
    Luxembourg.gif0-5
    Prediction lose all unfortunatly

I hope of course we do better than i predict.

What do ye all think???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Will RTE show any of the games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Georgia to take the men's group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Will RTE show any of the games?

No, as usual RTE wont be showing any of our Internationals. They barely show the National Cup once a year. Its a major pity seeing as its the largest indoor sport in Ireland. Id even be happy if the could show highlights of the home games.

Yet they show Confederation Cup.......... whats that about???

Its a Pity aswell because this campain is the best so far that the womens team have ever achieved. Best of luck girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I only ask because I remember that they have showed Irish international Basketball games before can't remember what year or the opponent but defintely remember seeing them play.

I defintely agree though their coverage of Irish Basketball in general is very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The commentators have always been piss poor tbh, so poor in fact that it's hilarious listening to them.

• Advertisement

ya timmy mac sounds like hes goin 2 have a heart attack when someone sinks a 3 haha plus he keeps repeating himself all the time.

pat price wasnt even coaching the past couple seasons, they could have asked him 2 commentate

who else would be a good comentator 4 the cup games do ye think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

There isnt really a commentator in RTE that could really capture basketball.

They need to find a new face for it and if they did i reckon bball would take off coz it would then have televison representitive like Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh for GAA. Bball too would then take off televisionwise

who would you reccomend to commentate so??

i still dont understand why basketball ireland cant convince tg4 2 cover the superleague games, they used to do a weekly review program years ago and still do the schools cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 j2hig

Yeah i remember that program. Used to watch it a fair bit. Even just an online thing people could watch from the basketball ireland website would be somthing.

In relation to a commentator i think you couldnt use any of the existing rte sports commentators. Maybe a well established coach with perhaps a retired superleague player. That would be class and they would be able to talk about basketball since they know basketball. Nothing worse than hearin the most simplest of rule being described.

I think the first step to take is to just concentrate basketball more in the media. Paper and even the odd bill board. Make it a conscience part of the sportin community.

Basketball Ireland did start a weekly online show called Time Out which u can watch via the link on IRISHSPORT.TV

Not great production or anything but at least it was something. Hope theres more of the same next season

• Advertisement
Advertisement