Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash flood in Derrybeg

Options
  • 24-06-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

From today's Irish Times. I thought the whole county was basking in sunshine yesterday.

There's a good picture on the main page as well.

Mad stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Mad indeed, I was talking to my folks (in Letterkenny) yesterday and they were saying how hot it was and they were having a BBQ! Not Derrybeg , I know, but not a million miles away.

I hope that anyone affected by the floods in Derrybeg is adequately insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Was in Stranorlar at lunch time and i was baked with the heat, then it started to cloud over and within 30 minutes we were soaked to the skin, torrential rain. Drove back towards Drumkeen and the road was bone dry a couple of miles outside Stranorlar. Strange day.

This was all yesterday, tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Never seen a drop all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

There was the odd spit coming through the clouds in Letterkenny but you'd hardly have felt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Crazy stuff...I'm literally less that 10 miles from Gweedore & Derrybeg and barely saw a drop of rain all day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement