Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for a car!!

• 24-06-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey all im looking for a smallish car with a big boot...

i have two babies so lots of stuff including a double buggy to fit in the boot! this will be my first car so dont want something very big!
    i know that the ford focus does fit a double buggy in the boot but dont know of any others!

anyone got any ideas/ suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

You'll get a better response by posting at Rec->Motors->Motors

• Registered Users Posts: 7 twintastic

thanks! sorry first time on this board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Don't go to Tom Hogans. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hamlet01

Hey OP,

Id say an Opel Astra would fit too... Or maybe hire one for a day and have a look.Swing into JJ Flemmings to have a look.... Pm me if you want to ask questions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

The Golf will take a double buggy after much cursing but don't expect to fit anything else. Unless the Golf plus is better. Frankly I would suggest you seriously consider a decent sized car with a boot to match. Apart from the carrying capacity, there's the additional safety element with a bigger car. Don't be intimidated by the size of the car. You soon get used to it. Suggest a Mondeo, Mazda 6, Passat, Avensis, better with a hatchback or estate. That type of car.
    You will regret buying a car too small particularly with twins. I insisted my wife got rid of her Yaris as soon as the our first was born and bought a Mazda 6 with it's enormous boot. Never looked back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The biggest boot I've ever seen was on a skoda of some description. It was massive. (Taxi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Skoda octavia hatchback has a very big boot although its not a small car. You might not find a small car with a boot big enough for what you want.

Advertisement