Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap film development.

• 24-06-2009 12:35pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think the original thread has fallen off the face of the forum and I needed to update prices.

Foley's chemist on Francis' Street was developing and loading 5 rolls of film onto CD for 8 quid. This was too good to be true as it turned out and they've recently informed me that they made a big boo-boo. That price, from now (for the same amount), will be a whopping 33 knickers.
    This is far too expensive for the service offered.

So off I went this morning looking to squeeze out the best deal I could and at the moment this is it: The Fujilab counter in Unicare Pharmacy in the Artane Castle on Dublin's northside will do 5 rolls that would usually work out at 21.50. That price breakdown is: 4 quid for the CD and 3.50 per roll processed and uploaded. Therefore 5 rolls, one CD with negs= 21.50.
    However the guy likes business so I proposed to him that if a person was to mention Boards.ie could they have 5 rolls for 15? The man from Del Monti he say yeeass!
    This counter is a Fuji lab counter and is ran by this guy so he's very considerate and quite knowledgable in the photo dept. He is also geared up to do prints via Pix.ie. This was a problem in Foley's. He will do by post but that has to be arranged with him. I have his mobile and can PM his number to those that require it.

So that's the fujilab in Artane Castle doing 5 rolls for 15 quid if you mention Boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

humberklog wrote: »
    He is also geared up to do prints via Pix.ie.

Do you mean one would be able to log into pix.ie and order prints fro Fuji? or can you go into that particular lab and he will print pictures taken from pix.ie ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Do you mean one would be able to log into pix.ie and order prints fro Fuji? or can you go into that particular lab and he will print pictures taken from pix.ie ?

I don't think he needs to log in a find your stuff but you send it to him via Pix.ie. I'm not 100% as he was waving a CD showing how it's done, he needed to get away so was in a bit of a rush and by belly was rumbling. But the impression I got was that you send it to him via Pix.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chilijay

Thanks Humberklog, I've been meaning to get my aps films done for ages but it got put on a very long back burner as I have about 25 x 40exp films to get processed and onto cd aswell, would you believe I've had them since my Oz visa year back in 2002 but it just wudda cost me an arm and a leg....so you reckon that's the absolute cheapest out there? Will my films even still be ok after so many years?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

This still going? Also, how long does it take? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Baza210 wrote: »
    This still going? Also, how long does it take? Thanks.

No reports of it not being available so I take it that it is.

Also, the camera centre in Blanchardstown are doing discounts for boards members along the lines of;
    film development, prints and cd for €6 a roll. Reckon this is a good deal for all the free unicare floating about! He will also give 15% discount on all other film services and 10% on all digital printing. Not too bad!! Feel free to let everyone know on this forum. The discount is available in the camera centre in Blanchardstown shopping centre, just mention boards when you're dropping stuff in.

Katiemaloe and Dr Louis both users here work there.

Do mention boards if you head in that direction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement