Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Meteor call plan

• 24-06-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I want to change my current call plan with Meteor. I am currently on Talk 300 and want to move down to a lower one. Does anyone know if doing this will mean having to sign on to another 12 month contract?
    I know I could just call them to ask but would rather try here first because I have never had a good experience with their customer care team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

once i think 6 months have passed you can drop down and and just continue the same contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

I'm guessing that applies even though I got a phone upgrade in December?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

peter83 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that applies even though I got a phone upgrade in December?

Yes, once 6months has lapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

How about in the case of 18 month contracts with O2 - is there a minimum period there too before one can downgrade?

-apologies for hijacking-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How about in the case of 18 month contracts with O2 - is there a minimum period there too before one can downgrade?

-apologies for hijacking-

You can change after 6 months too, but you need to sign a new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Thanks for the reply, Davy. Needless to say I'm happy with my current plan but at the six month (Clear 350) mark might be interested in downgrading, circumstances depending.

What puzzles me is O2's ability to charge €25 a month for people opting the 18 month contract for O2 Clear Unlimited O2 to O2 and then €20 for those on the 30 day contract.

Can't get my head around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

What puzzles me is O2's ability to charge €25 a month for people opting the 18 month contract for O2 Clear Unlimited O2 to O2 and then €20 for those on the 30 day contract.
    You get the phone with 18 month contract hence the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sbhatia wrote: »
    You get the phone with 18 month contract hence the price.

Exactly. Bill pay phones are the most expensive 'cheap' phones you'll ever get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rayobrien08

I work for meteor yes you can come down a tariff after 6 month and you wont need to sign a new contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I work for meteor yes you can come down a tariff after 6 month and you wont need to sign a new contract

Good man Ray. And only a little over two months after the question was actually asked, too.

With speedy reaction times like that, I'm guessing it's Meteor Customer care you work for. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement