Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Run

Options
  • 24-06-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I know that there have possibly and probably been threads on this issue before....i couldnt find any though....so maybe you guys can help.

Will be moving house soon and will finally have quiet a large back garden. I want to build a decent dog run at the end of it. does anyone know where i can get good deals on cable link fencing (or something similar for a run) in the munster area??

Id appreciate any help or advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

kopfan77 wrote: »
    I know that there have possibly and probably been threads on this issue before....i couldnt find any though....so maybe you guys can help.

Will be moving house soon and will finally have quiet a large back garden. I want to build a decent dog run at the end of it. does anyone know where i can get good deals on cable link fencing (or something similar for a run) in the munster area??

Id appreciate any help or advice

I used the green pvc coated 4ft high chain link fencing to make a run for my lab.He escaped 1hour later! The wire is too soft and he is able to rip a strand out of it and the whole fence just parts. I had to re-do the whole run using 1" welded mesh, much better job. I'm sure you can get heavier gauge non pvc coated chain link that would work, What type of dog you trying to contain?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Havent got the dog yet...but it will be a siberian husky....if the chain link didnt stand up to the lab then i think i better think again.

where did you get the welded mesh?

local hardware store ,comes in 30M rolls about 90euro.

Cheers for that cyborg....did you concrete it into the ground or put up with posts etc

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Cheers for that cyborg....did you concrete it into the ground or put up with posts etc

wooden posts with a wooden rail along the top and bottom for extra strength!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

buy 4 or 6 building site fencing sections - loads avail currently, galvanised and job done.
    I did this and set them in concrete.

buy 4 or 6 building site fencing sections - loads avail currently, galvanised and job done.
    I did this and set them in concrete.

Cheers....actually thought of those as well as ive been driving past some sites....not sure how to go about getting them though or the cost of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

You'll get them in any plant hire place or in any steel merchants yard etc.

Advertisement