Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SEI exam

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Sei site and BERAA site

That is it asfik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭tmdsurvey

shyler wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone give any tips on where more exam questions can be found.
    thanks

Just did the exam and got 90%. Agree with the other posters, its fairly straightforward. The format and type of questions are very similar to the SEI specimen paper. Just make sure you are familiar with the DEAP Manual etc.

Just do the SEI specimen paper to get a feel for the format and type of questions. There is no need to go through any other sample questions or specimen papers, just know where the info is in the documents.

Watch out for SI 666, that was not provided in the folder they gave me at the exam. Also if you are not a registered SEI Assessor, familiarise yourself with NAS as you will not have had practice or access to this system.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mossyfields

A couple of other points on the exam. SEI have accepted they errored in advertising the exam as free and have agreed to issue full rebates , including VAT charge to anyone who who requests a full rebate due to their missrepresentation.
    SEI cannot sanction anyone for disclosing exam questions because they released 50 questions prior to the exam. I know you sign a form prior to the exam. Their release of the sample paper prior to the exam was a de-facto acceptance by SEI that the questions would be discussed. SEI have compromised their own rules and can take no action against anyone who follows their example.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭picorette

As others have said, the exam is very straight forward. The majority of the answers are there in the Information File that they give you so it is just a question of looking them up., and I scored 94% with little revision. Another tip is to do the Specimen Paper as at least 5 of those questions came up, so knowing all the answers to the Specimen paper will give your a head start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bhoypaul

shyler wrote: »
    Hi
    Did BER exam only got 64% so thats that. I have not done any ber assessments at all and the only reason I am doing this is because I have to justify spending all that money its making me sick to be honest. Can I ask someone how many ac/h is the upper level is it 10 or 20? I did great in some areas and in 2 areas got 45 and 46% made me sick to be honest has anyone any suggestions please. I do not want to have to repeat a third time. I did the sample questions and know a few of them I got wrong. Any advice anywhere please.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you only got 64% for the exam and its not obvious where you went wrong you might as well cut your losses and end your interest in the BER business.
    Anyone who has experience in building design or heating systems would get a minimum of 85% without any revision and probably without having the DEAP manual in front of them.
    Also a registered assessor I'm finding that the "reasonable" prices I am quoting are too high and people are offering certs at prices that are so low that its only worth taking on a job if you have nothing else to do in the evening.
    To give you an example of how much a race to the bottom it is:
    One assessor took on a building of about 180 appartments and charged just €21 + the SEI fees!! As far as I know the published certs were not acceptable to his client and he may have to re-issued each cert at a cost of €25 +VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bhoypaul wrote: »
    As far as I know the published certs were not acceptable to his client and he may have to re-issued each cert at a cost of €25 +VAT.

25 + vat = 30.37 x 180 = €5467.50 ............ ouch !!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

Bhoypaul wrote: »
    To give you an example of how much a race to the bottom it is:
    One assessor took on a building of about 180 appartments and charged just €21 + the SEI fees!! As far as I know the published certs were not acceptable to his client and he may have to re-issued each cert at a cost of €25 +VAT.

It sounds to me that this is €50 per apartment for the BER which is just stupid pricing. It appears also that he / she doesn't charge VAT so the assumption would be that there is no insurance cover either. You dont say why the certs were not acceptable so there might be a deeper reasoning here. Also this might just be a bastard developer trying to shaft someone else. As I posted elsewhere, beware of developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭r-i-tect

SilverBER wrote: »
    beware of developers.

I'm going put that on my car bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 5 berass

The number of people who have sat the exam and have passed the exam are on the berassoc (ber assessor association) web site. The figures were supplied by SEI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

r-i-tect wrote: »
    I'm going put that on my car bumper

Can I have a licensing fee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trixie_bee

berass wrote: »
    The number of people who have sat the exam and have passed the exam are on the berassoc (ber assessor association) web site. The figures were supplied by SEI.

Is that only on the members section or somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bhoypaul

you should be able to get them from the SEI. That is where the BER Assoc got them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mossyfields

trixie_bee wrote: »
    Is that only on the members section or somewhere else?

The numbers at end of August were... 764 Pass and 75 Fails.

Advertisement