If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPEN BOX RECEIVERS - CLEAR OUT!

Options
  • 24-06-2009 1:17pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Here is a list of Open Box Av Receivers that we have in stock at the moment to clear.

If you are interested in them – please don’t post here - please email: johnmc@richersounds.ie and I will attend to your request asap.

• Pioneer VSX1018 – Silver/Ex display –
    o Was £399.95 – Now £279.95 see details here: http://tinyurl.com/njdjdf

• Marantz SR4003 – Silver –
    o Was £399.95 – 2 New boxed – Now £249.95 – 1 Ex- display £199.95 – see details here: http://tinyurl.com/npdq78

• Denon AVR2309 – Ex-display – One silver / one Black –
    o Were £699.95 – Now £399.95 – See details here: http://tinyurl.com/noyojb

• Pioneer VSXLX50 – Black - Ex Display
    o Were £699.95 – Now £329.95 – see details here: http://tinyurl.com/moqws2

• Samsung AVR720 – Black – One Ex-display, 2 Brand new
    o Were £249.95 – Open box - £179.95 Brand new - £199.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/n82jqo

• Onkyo 875 – Black – One ex-display
    o Were £749.95 – Now £379.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/lybfe8

• Marantz SR3001 – Black – 3 Open box
    o Were £249.95 – Now £129.95
    o See details here - http://tinyurl.com/ms9lmx

• Pioneer VSX818 – Silver – 3 Open box
    o Were £249.95 – Now £129.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/mev86l

• Sony STRDA5200 ES Receiver – Silver – 1 Open Box – 2 Brand new
    o Were £799.95 – Now £299.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/nob4tb

• NAD T754 Black/Graphite – 1 open Box
    o Were £599.95 – Now £199.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/ntx837

• Yamaha RXN600 – Silver – Unboxed
    o Were £299.95 – Now £149.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/y7xmd9

• Marantz ZR6001 – 2 Box Multi Room AV Receiver – Black – One OB /One New
    o Were £699.95 – Now – Open Box £249.95 / New £299.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/nknukz

That’s the list for today – We do have other models but that’s what the guys have dug up so far!

If you would like to order any of these please drop me an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I will look after each request individually asap!
    If we have several units of any of these AV Receivers and we have both Open Box and Brand New boxed, we won’t sell the open box / display unit until we have sold all the new units (as if we sell our display unit we will have to open another one for display and then it’s open box as well!)

Delivery charge of £11.99 nationwide will be payable on all these units if delivery is required.

All of these units will be covered by a full 12 month warranty and our normal Supercare 5 year cover is available at an extra 10% of the unit cost.

Think that’s it guys – sorry it’s taken me so long to get this posting up!

ATB,

John Mc
    johnmc@richersounds.ie

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

Appreciate the great bargains to be had, however can you be a bit clearer when posting old prices.

For example : Take the Onkyo model-
    johnmc wrote: »
    • Onkyo 875 – Black – One ex-display
    o Were £749.95 – Now £379.95
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/lybfe8

Looking online, the next model in this line is even cheaper than what you have posted.
    876 Can be got on your site for £649.95 (Silver) £699.95 (black)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr876/onky-txsr876-sil

So maybe it would be more correct to indicate what the current pricing on model should be, not the price you were selling it at 18 months ago.

Keep the deals coming, however please give a better indication of the current value of the units, just to help the unsuspecting purchaser.

Thanks

Logger

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Logger,

Appreciate that - unfortunately in our business the prices do keep coming down and the was/were prices really are just an indication of what the prices were and yes as you say the 876 was launched at a cheaper price than the 875! (But at one stage Onkyo put the price of the 876 up to £899!)(God I hate this industry!)

Anyway thanks again and the best advice I can (and do) offer to Boardies is to have a good search online and see if we are on the button pricewise - as you know Logger we are happy to beat any price pretty much!

Thanks again and keep the faith..

ATB

JohnMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

johnmc wrote: »
    Logger,

Appreciate that - unfortunately in our business the prices do keep coming down and the was/were prices really are just an indication of what the prices were and yes as you say the 876 was launched at a cheaper price than the 875! (But at one stage Onkyo put the price of the 876 up to £899!)(God I hate this industry!)

Hi John

Pity the car industry in this country didn't follow you lead, may then we wouldn't be hearing of so may closures, and job losses.

Appreciate your predicament, reckon the machine is still a bargain at that price, would be buying it and the beautiful Philips 42PES0001, if I had not already been tempted with your previous sales.
    Ah well can't complain at least I got a nice TV and if I had waited money might have been spent on curtains or plants for the garden in the mean time.

Keep up the great deals

Logger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

John.

Just a quick thank you for the delivery of my receiver to the Phillips shop last Saturday.

I didn't get to pick it up until Monday, and then got the fright of my life when told that there was a Denon AVR-1910 with my name on it, rather than the Pioneer VSX1018 I requested.

I duly signed for it, popped it in a taxi and dropped it off home and returned to work where I spent the rest of the day in a moral dilemma. Should I ring you up and tell you about me getting a brand spanking new Denon 1910...?

Of course, reality hit when I got home and opened the box to find my Pioneer inside the Denon box...

John, that's just cruel! :P

Off work tomorrow - the whole day to be wasted setting this beast up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

HI John

LX50 still available?

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Trying to track you down by e-mail, is the LX50 ex -demo till available, looking for a deal?

Max,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you - The LX50 has been snaffled already I'm afraid - I do have an LX51 and an LX71 that I would clear at crazy money if you were interested??? ;)

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John
    Would be interested in the LX51, but it would have to be at a crazy "recession" price:.)

Can you PM/e-mail me with the price, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I'd also be interested if your doing a resession buster price on the Pioneer VSX-LX51 :)

Maxwell wrote: »
    Thanks John
    Would be interested in the LX51, but it would have to be at a crazy "recession" price:.)

Can you PM/e-mail me with the price, thanks

Max & Neil,

the best price I can do on the last Open Box VS-LX51 is £649.95 / €769.99 delivered (it's €1199 in a popular Dublin store :eek:)

Drop me a line if you are interested,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Thanks John, but well over my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 taqies

How much is the LX71?

Taq,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - the LX71 is now sold out however I do have an LX70 Open box remaining which I would clear at £769.95

Drop me aline if yuo are interested and again apologies for the delay in my reply!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 taqies

Thanks John,

Any other recommendations around that price or abit more, willing to spend upto £900 inc delivery. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

John,
    I may be asking too much here but... my immediate need is for an amp and some bookshelf speakers to carry the audio from a midi mixing interface in my office/den/multimedia room :o , but the medium term plan also involves the acquisition of a 37" plasma or LCD, the relocation of the PS3 and the home-cinemafication of the room :cool:

It looks, to me, like either of the £129 options, Marantz SR3001 – Black or Pioneer VSX818 – Silver would do what I need. Am I right?

To begin with I'd be looking for the amp and some small(ish) front speakers for the mixing setup. Later to be complemented by a sub, centre and some rear speakers. I don't see myself going beyond 5.1 for now. HDMI switching would be good to have, although the PS3 is the only HDMI device in the house so far.

I welcome your advice. Guessing you're the same John who sold me my first decks in RS by the ha'penny bridge and patiently let me home test 3 or 4 amps before I found the sound I was looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MTbeli

John

Kind of off point, just stumbled onto this but, thought I would just mention, I bought Sherwood seperates from your shop, must be 12 years ago (The shop at the hapeny bridge) and they are still working perfect.

Credit where it is due. They were excellent value then too.

Cheers

MTbeli:P

Hi John,

Was wondering whether you can source a Pioneer VSX-919AH Black Receiver and what price could you do?

About to buy one, but would like to put money through you as a repeat customer if the price is right?

TAQ,

mmm - £900 for an AV receiver (Drooling!)

If I were you I would probably wait a few weeks as, again, many manufacturers are just about to change their mid to top end ranges and here are a few examples:

Denon

AVR3310 - retails just over £1000...amazing receiver
    AVR2310 - again pretty amazing and will retails at £749.95

Onkyo

Onkyo have the TXNR807 in soon as well and it should be pretty amazing - I have attached details on the spec of it below - I think it will be a bit of a bargain at a Boardie special price of £699

Finally, Pioneer are also launching between now and September (yes those dark winter evenings are just around the corner folks!) I'm meeting Pioneer on Monday and I will give you full details of times and prices as soon as I have finished with Pioneer,

Thanks again for the post, apologies for the delay in getting back to you and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

taqies wrote: »
    Thanks John,

Any other recommendations around that price or abit more, willing to spend upto £900 inc delivery. Thanks.

milltown wrote: »
    John,
    I may be asking too much here but... my immediate need is for an amp and some bookshelf speakers to carry the audio from a midi mixing interface in my office/den/multimedia room :o , but the medium term plan also involves the acquisition of a 37" plasma or LCD, the relocation of the PS3 and the home-cinemafication of the room :cool:

It looks, to me, like either of the £129 options, Marantz SR3001 – Black or Pioneer VSX818 – Silver would do what I need. Am I right?

To begin with I'd be looking for the amp and some small(ish) front speakers for the mixing setup. Later to be complemented by a sub, centre and some rear speakers. I don't see myself going beyond 5.1 for now. HDMI switching would be good to have, although the PS3 is the only HDMI device in the house so far.

I welcome your advice. Guessing you're the same John who sold me my first decks in RS by the ha'penny bridge and patiently let me home test 3 or 4 amps before I found the sound I was looking for.

Hey Milltown,

Yep I am the same John (except without hair these days :eek: ) going on for 17 years in Richer now - hope the original kit is still going well?

Anyway - onto the main subject - the VSX818's are now all snaffled so we are just looking at the SR3001 - however it does not have any HDMI - only Component - so how about an Onkyo TXSR307 Brand New which I can do at just £199.95 ??? see details here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr307/onky-txsr307-blk

If you want decent front speakers (if you want to monitor with them I guess you will neeed something fairly accurate??) I would go with either the Tannoy F1 Custom which we are doing at just £79.95 a pair now or if you want a really good compact Monitor style front (that we can finish off with a similiarly voiced centre and rears when the time comes) then look no furtehr than the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference one which we can do at £129.95 - again see details here: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-br/br1/your-speaker

Give me a shout if any of these interest you and thanks again for the post - much appreciated,

ATB,

John Mc

MTbeli wrote: »
    John

Kind of off point, just stumbled onto this but, thought I would just mention, I bought Sherwood seperates from your shop, must be 12 years ago (The shop at the hapeny bridge) and they are still working perfect.

Credit where it is due. They were excellent value then too.

Cheers

MTbeli:P

MTbeli,

Thanks a million for the kind words - really nice of you to have taken the time to post!

We did sell some amount of Sherwood all those years ago - it was great value for the spec in those days !

Thanks again for the post - made me smile!

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.