Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony SR10e Help Please

Options
  • 24-06-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have the above camcorder a good while now but im only getting around to trying the one touch disc burn function now. Could anyone please recommend what type of disc is best to burn AVCHD files to? Also I tried burning some footage to a maxell DVD-R 4.7 GB disc this morning but as soon as it got to 50% it froze, so after 20 min waiting I just cancelled it. Has anybody had this problem before??? The amount of footage would take up 2 disc.

Thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have an SR7E but I've never used the one touch burn function.

Have you thought about / tried to transfer the footage to an edit suite, cut out anything you don't want then burn it onto a DVD as a smaller MP4/mov (or similar) file?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Hi all,

I have the above camcorder a good while now but im only getting around to trying the one touch disc burn function now. Could anyone please recommend what type of disc is best to burn AVCHD files to? Also I tried burning some footage to a maxell DVD-R 4.7 GB disc this morning but as soon as it got to 50% it froze, so after 20 min waiting I just cancelled it. Has anybody had this problem before??? The amount of footage would take up 2 disc.

Thanks
    Joe

Hi Joe,
    I have a Sony SR11. Unfortunatley when you record in the AVCHD format, you can only burn this onto Blu-Ray Disc as far as i know. Standard DVD's wont play AVCHD, and the dvd could get stuck in the dvd player if you did manage to do it. If you dont want to buy a blu-ray player, then convert the AVCHD files to standard SD type, (you can get software for this on the internet), and these can be played on standrd DVD. Although it wont be full HD, its still far better than the old DV camcorders. Or else invest in a blu-ray player, and hi-def TV, and purchase Sony Vegas 9, or Pinnacle 12 Ultimate software (cheapest place is on ebay) which allow you to burn blu-ray discs from your laptop/PC, and then play them on your Blu-ray player.

Regards

Advertisement