Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van to carry car?

• 24-06-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Just been toying with an idea. I was thinking of storing the mini in the back of a van (rear door and side sliding door). Has anyone ever done this? I know I could just get a trailer, but Im thinking of storage and transport in one!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

antodeco wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Just been toying with an idea. I was thinking of storing the mini in the back of a van (rear door and side sliding door). Has anyone ever done this? I know I could just get a trailer, but Im thinking of storage and transport in one!

Thanks

not sure about using a van for storage and transport, but you might want to consider an enclosed car transport trailer, basiscally like a small caravan with a loading ramp and no interior, rally cars offten transported in these...

a bit big this one but you get the idea....
    shadow_sideview_artwork11%5B1%5D.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A big, boxy van like the Iveco Daily might do the trick. But you'd probably have to put some sort of ramps inside in order to drive the Mini over the wheel arches

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hmm, didint think of them. The ramp issue will be fine, as I can create a sliding ramp platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

one of these? all the stats you need to think about are here.
    http://www.best4vans.co.uk/vandetails-1004.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

1200499312__P1010020.JPG.jpg

don't forget ...you need enough width to get out of the Mini as well :D

• Advertisement

unless he get out through the sunroof.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I know! :D I may remove the windscreen! Nah, this is why I was looking for a side sliding door aswell :)

peasant wrote: »
    1200499312__P1010020.JPG.jpg

don't forget ...you need enough width to get out of the Mini as well :D

Cracking big van these.......14foot from bulk head to rear doors.

Advertisement