Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wished they had a proper data add on for PAYG. jerks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I'm trying to stream music from my PC to my Hero using the Andromote app. Has anybody got this working? I can't get my Hero to find the PC uPNP server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Anybody get this on meteor in non 3g area's.

I'm between this and vodafone's H1. But in Westport meteor don't have edge or 3g according to there map.

3 and Vodafone have 3g, currently with 3.
    o2 are to expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

voxpop wrote: »
    O2 do that with the iPhone - the have "special" iPhone packages which include data.

Im using my HTC without a data add-on. O2 have the 99c for up to 50mb . I havnt gone near 50mb a day - thats using market,internet,email. Over the last 7 days ive used 33mb.

get netcounter from the martetplace to keep track of data usage.

Wouldn't that be 30 euro a month extra though 99c x 30 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

So how much is it on upgrade then? (bill) or does each person varie in price depending how long their on meteor etc?

Just wondering as over on the Meteor forums one of the Admins says the prices online for Bill Pay are quoted for new customers only. Can anyone confirm the prices for connect 20/25 and connect 50/45 please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Price for FTC and Upgrade are the same.

Ok sound, just getting worried about Glynns comments over on the Meteor Forums. i'll take your word for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

I bought this phone a few days ago.

The most amazing phone I've every owned.

Pi$$es over *everything* Nokia has to offer.

And with the replaceable battery, great camera, and *multi-tasking* it beats the competition.

T-Square wrote: »

And with the replaceable battery, great camera, and *multi-tasking* it beats the competition.

A.K.A iPhone :P

rizzee wrote: »
    So how much is it on upgrade then? (bill) or does each person varie in price depending how long their on meteor etc?

Just wondering as over on the Meteor forums one of the Admins says the prices online for Bill Pay are quoted for new customers only. Can anyone confirm the prices for connect 20/25 and connect 50/45 please

169e for me on connect 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Got mine this evening. All good so far except that it won't sync my contacts or calendar with Google mail. It says there is a sync issue and will be fixed shortly. Anyone experienced this, might it be the phone or just a temporary problem with the Google server. It is logging in okay and downloading my mails.

No problems here although i did the full sync last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone know if you can trade in your old phone in Meteor stores for 30 quid off the price of the hero? Or is that just in 3G shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So - iphone or Hero ? :cool:

@ Zapp - Yeah i'm wondering that too. I've a trusty Nokia 1680 here with the charger working perfect, great to get 30 quid off with that :P

I've got a K750 just lying around that I'd love to be shot of! Meteor in Blanch are holding one for me, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Tusky wrote: »
    So - iphone or Hero ? :cool:
    The thing with the iPhone is that it has much better media playback, and thousands of apps. But with having an iPod Touchfor the last 2 years I wouldn't mind something fresh. Plus The Hero is crazy cheap when you compare it to the iPhone and O2's crazy tariffs.

I've got a K750 just lying around that I'd love to be shot of! Meteor in Blanch are holding one for me, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Its 10 euro cheaper online, so you are technically only getting 20 euro for your k750i.

Aye but I don't want to wait for delivery! :D

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Got mine this evening. All good so far except that it won't sync my contacts or calendar with Google mail. It says there is a sync issue and will be fixed shortly. Anyone experienced this, might it be the phone or just a temporary problem with the Google server. It is logging in okay and downloading my mails.

Had no problems with gmail contacts etc. Love the way it merges the contacts from facebook, gmail and exchange.

Very impressed with the exchange client. So much simplier than any other activesync that i have set up before.

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭iknorr

rizzee wrote: »
    @ Zapp - Yeah i'm wondering that too. I've a trusty Nokia 1680 here with the charger working perfect, great to get 30 quid off with that :P

Yes u can, i done it with my w610.

How does it perform as an mp3 player ? Is it good enough to ditch my ipod touch, or should I keep it ?

Don't think it could replace an itouch.

Does the basics well but i have not seen playlists, nor does it play protected content.

Might be an app to improve on the built in player.

Sound is good.

Don't think it could replace an itouch.

Does the basics well but i have not seen playlists, nor does it play protected content.

Might be an app to improve on the built in player.

Sound is good.

Hmm - that could be a dealbreaker for me then, as Im really looking to integrate my phone/mp3 player. Although Im pretty sure Ive seen screenshots of a playlist screen on the hero.

Just rang 3g in Blanch (couldnt get through to meteor) and the guy told me they are only doing them on bill pay. I said that its on the website for PAYG and he didnt know what I was talking about. Hmm

Tusky wrote: »
    Hmm - that could be a dealbreaker for me then, as Im really looking to integrate my phone/mp3 player. Although Im pretty sure Ive seen screenshots of a playlist screen on the hero.

Just rang 3g in Blanch (couldnt get through to meteor) and the guy told me they are only doing them on bill pay. I said that its on the website for PAYG and he didnt know what I was talking about. Hmm

As far as i am aware everyone is only doing it billpay.

Another delivery due on Tuesday to the warehouse so i there is enough stock they may do PAYG. No betting on it though.

As far as i am aware everyone is only doing it billpay.

Another delivery due on Tuesday to the warehouse so i there is enough stock they may do PAYG. No betting on it though.

Why are they advertising it on the website then ?

9theyq.jpg

As far as i am aware, no Hero's were built with PAYG settings.

I understand the shops are not selling them PAYG but it could be that a small amount get put on PAYG on Tuesday for any orders taken.

So far there have only been 400 delivered to cover all the Meteor and the 3G Mobile stores, some independent dealers, Eircom Mobile and the Meteor Online store.

Demand on Billpay is high so that stock is not going to last long.

We will know more on tuesday when the stock arrives.

Hmm, ok. One last question - is it available in black in Ireland ? White is the only option on the website.

Not on Meteor.

May be some online stores selling Black Sim-Free.

Remember that the Black does not have the protective smuge proof layer that the white does.

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭iknorr

With regards the media player and ipod touch "dealbreaker"

This is just software though. It has all the hardware. The inbuilt media player is not too bad. But there are better applications out there, for free, on the android market.
    Alot of people dont like using the itunes software and just want to drag and drop from their media on the pc- simpliest & easiest way to do it.

Playlist options are available.

Do u really wanna carry around another device in your pocket that can do the same thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement