Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

ptashek wrote: »
    If this is a hardware issue, it may be closely related to the specific batch Meteor got from HTC. My Hero was bought in August and I haven't seen any of the SIM issues mentioned here. Sure, it had a fair share of annoying bugs, but almost all of them were gone with ROM 2.73.405.5.

It may sound weird, but has anyone actually compared the THICKNESS of the Meteor SIM and an O2/3/Vodafone one?

Well that wouldn't apply for me as I bought a Sim free phone online and am with Vodafone.

It's a strange 'un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Called about five Meteor and 3G Mobile stores in Dublin city this weekend and all have none in stock. Most stores said maybe this week, Dundrum said not until after Christmas :eek:

I think one store may have had it but she wouldn't tell me without asking if I was wanting Bill Pay / PAYG and/or porting from another network. When I said I wanted to go Bil Pay but was already with Meteor on BPL she said they didn't have any :confused: Not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Hero's 2.1 firmware pics have apparently being leaked. Im not really sure what Im looking at or what Im looking for in the pics because I dont have a Hero (yet).

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.begeek.fr%2Fpremiers-screen-dandroid-hero-2-1-5565

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads

is there anyway of getting rid off the green android figure when the phone rings, its looks a little childish!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

IH77 wrote: »
    Called about five Meteor and 3G Mobile stores in Dublin city this weekend and all have none in stock. Most stores said maybe this week, Dundrum said not until after Christmas :eek:

I think one store may have had it but she wouldn't tell me without asking if I was wanting Bill Pay / PAYG and/or porting from another network. When I said I wanted to go Bil Pay but was already with Meteor on BPL she said they didn't have any :confused: Not happy.

Yeah this seems to be a theme. Called into one store, was told they had just sold the last, told there was 3 left in grafton street. Walked up, and after saying it was for a bill pay upgrade was told they had none available. Obviously keeping them to get new customers and screwing the current customers.Only stayed with meteor because this phone was coming out, but it seems its unlikely to be readily available for current customers so may just port to o2 for an iphone/palm pre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Is there a way to ensure all my data is stored on my SD Card as everything i download or save is going to my phones memory??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

I bought the last 1 in Liffey Valley Meteor Store on Wednesday, She said they shud be getting them back in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ryanmatty wrote: »
    Is there a way to ensure all my data is stored on my SD Card as everything i download or save is going to my phones memory??

yep, its not that straighforward tho

easiest way would be to flash the modaco 2.9 rom and partition the sd card with the recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cyrus wrote: »
    lads

is there anyway of getting rid off the green android figure when the phone rings, its looks a little childish!!
    If the person ringing you has a picture assigned to the contact itll show that instead.Otherwise android-man it is (personally I think he rocks!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fjh79

hi guys just wondering if anyone has managed to set up their free yahoo mail on their hero. ive tried and failed in all attempts so far. any help anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Is there a way of silencing the ringtone when I'm receiving a call?

My old Nokias had a Silence button to press when I didn't want to answer the call, didn't want to reject it, just want to leave it ring out in silence.

Can I do this on my Hero?

Altho I bought mine on Wednesday its a christmas present and I can't open it until xmas day, But can someone Please tell me Does the HTC have conversation Texts msg's Like the Iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

plazzTT wrote: »

My old Nokias had a Silence button to press when I didn't want to answer the call, didn't want to reject it, just want to leave it ring out in silence.

Press menu, then mute.

Noodles23 wrote: »
    Altho I bought mine on Wednesday its a christmas present and I can't open it until xmas day, But can someone Please tell me Does the HTC have conversation Texts msg's Like the Iphone?
    It does but its in a threaded layout instead of bubbles. If you prefer bubbles you can download Handcent or ChompSMS from the market which have styles more like the iPhone in them or can be customised however you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

plazzTT wrote: »

I think if you just turn the phone over (ie screen down), this silences the ring - well it does on mine anyway

It does but its in a threaded layout instead of bubbles. If you prefer bubbles you can download Handcent or ChompSMS from the market which have styles more like the iPhone in them or can be customised however you want

Does all These Applications cost much to Use/download? :)

Does all These Applications cost much to Use/download? :)
    Theyre both free

Theyre both free

Sorry I no I'm annoying :rolleyes: Is it free on the meteor Network?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yes. For now, all apps are free in Ireland. We dont get the chance to pay for apps yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The apps are free, they can be used as a replacement for the SMS function on the phone (you'll still be charged network rates to send a text).

• Advertisement

Ok Guys ur all so good, Sorry 4 all the questions, Its just that when i was buying the phone the girl told me it won't work out for me as I am on Pay as you go,She said my Credit would run out in 1 day cos everything keeps updating on it all the time, This is why i ask all the questions.

Will 50MB a Day be enuf or will i need more? Cos meteor is Charging 99c per day for 50MB which I am happy with

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

50mb per day is perfectly fine. I use google maps, install 5/6 apps a day, as well as browse facebook and constantly check my emails, and yet it uses about 10mb of my allocated 50mb.

Only worry if you're watching youtube over the network, otherwise you can stick on the wireless on your phone and connect to a router :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Ok Guys ur all so good, Sorry 4 all the questions, Its just that when i was buying the phone the girl told me it won't work out for me as I am on Pay as you go,She said my Credit would run out in 1 day cos everything keeps updating on it all the time, This is why i ask all the questions.

Will 50MB a Day be enuf or will i need more? Cos meteor is Charging 99c per day for 50MB which I am happy with

It will cost you to download the apps (data charges), but the apps themselves are free.

If you are with Meteor you are better off going on to Bill Pay Lite (€10 per month) and getting a data bundle (€15 for 10 GB a month), otherwise you will spend nearly €30 a month on data alone if you are on PAYG.

Ask all the questions you want :)
    More recruits are needed to defeat the iPhone worshippers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

ryanmatty wrote: »

All downloads go to SD card by default and data stored within the system stays in internal memory. If you modify your ROM to store applications on SD, data saved within those apps will also be stored on SD. However, system apps will always store their data in the internal storage. Or something along those lines :)

It will cost you to download the apps (data charges), but the apps themselves are free.

If you are with Meteor you are better off going on to Bill Pay Lite (€10 per month) and getting a data bundle (€15 for 10 GB a month), otherwise you will spend nearly €30 a month on data alone if you are on PAYG.

I no its €30 a month on data alone but there is NO WAY i wud move back to Meteor Bill Pay, At least with Pay as you go I can control my spends :):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

50MB per day is 1500MB/month is more than enough.

The only problem I would have with it that it's capped at 50MB/day and not 1500MB/month. I had days where my usage went into the 100s, but have never exceeded my 1GB/month quota yet.

But anyway, for e-mail and web 50MB/day should be just fine or you could always move to "3 Ireland" and get 1GB/month for 9.99 (I have no affiliation with them, other than being a satisfied customer).

ptashek wrote: »
    50MB per day is 1500MB/month is more than enough.

The only problem I would have with it that it's capped at 50MB/day and not 1500MB/month. I had days where my usage went into the 100s, but have never exceeded my 1GB/month quota yet.

But anyway, for e-mail and web 50MB/day should be just fine or you could always move to "3 Ireland" and get 1GB/month for 9.99 (I have no affiliation with them, other than being a satisfied customer).

Ok But I won't be using my phone for e-mails or you tube or anything or the sort, Manly using it for Facebook and bebo and a very small Google Searches, Maybe downloading App's but nothing else... So my 50mb shud be enuf shouldn't it :confused:

Ok But I won't be using my phone for e-mails or you tube or anything or the sort, Manly using it for Facebook and bebo and a very small Google Searches, Maybe downloading App's but nothing else... So my 50mb shud be enuf shouldn't it :confused:
    Only youtube would eat up your allowance.I get facebook updates,twitter updates,email,browsing,app downloading and ive barely broken 20/30 mb a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

dont think meteor will let you use this bill pay option with the HTC hero

thats what your one said over the phone anyways

currently debating weather or not to buy the pay as you go or switch to an 18 month connect contract

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement