Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30780

anyone upgrading to this?
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

docentore wrote: »
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30780

anyone upgrading to this?
    :D:D:D:D

Scarry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Scarry.

imagine seeing someone with Hero-like phone and 1m antenna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

were is the best place to by this? i have no time for meteor and wanna stay with vodafone
    and will my current sim card on my nokia 6300 fit it our do i have to get a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

skelliser wrote: »
    were is the best place to by this? i have no time for meteor and wanna stay with vodafone
    and will my current sim card on my nokia 6300 fit it our do i have to get a new one?

You'll have to buy it sim free. Theorder.co.uk, expansys.ie etc sell it.

And yes, your sim card will fit into it as sim cards are a standard size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

nmesisca wrote: »
    I just wanted to let you know that I have published a TV Guide for Ireland/UK on the android market.
    Good job, Nick. Just grabbed the pro version. Looking forward to regular updates. :) (Any reason why there are no listings for BBC3?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Would anyone know when this is due to launch in the Carphone Warehouse? I got my phone through them and I can only get my upgrades there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Would anyone know when this is due to launch in the Carphone Warehouse? I got my phone through them and I can only get my upgrades there.

That does not sound correct to me. Your contract is with your provider, not the shop you bought a phone in some time in the past.

Phone is exclusive to Meteor at the moment.

Also only available from 3G Mobile or Meteor Stores. (Other than Sim Free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Bluefoam wrote: »
    That does not sound correct to me. Your contract is with your provider, not the shop you bought a phone in some time in the past.
    Sorry I should rephrase, I got an upgrade to a Nokia E71 which turned out to have a faulty camera. Brought it back as soon as I discovered it and the ordered a new E71 (which is no longer available) and the only one they had in stock was also faulty (ironic eh). So I've deciced to hold off and use it when the Hero comes into stock (which I've been told January) because the only other equal value phones are the LG Viewty Smart and the E66 and I don't want either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

whenever i receive a call it stops ringing after 3 rings and goes to voicemail. Anyone else having the same problem or know how to fix it

whenever i receive a call it stops ringing after 3 rings and goes to voicemail. Anyone else having the same problem or know how to fix it

Follow the instruction below.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Increase_amount_of_rings_before_voicemail

Works for all GSM phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Sorry I should rephrase, I got an upgrade to a Nokia E71 which turned out to have a faulty camera. Brought it back as soon as I discovered it and the ordered a new E71 (which is no longer available) and the only one they had in stock was also faulty (ironic eh). So I've deciced to hold off and use it when the Hero comes into stock (which I've been told January) because the only other equal value phones are the LG Viewty Smart and the E66 and I don't want either of them.

If the goods were faulty, then you're entitled to your money back...which you could then use in a meteor store...maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Phlegmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Good job, Nick. Just grabbed the pro version. Looking forward to regular updates. :) (Any reason why there are no listings for BBC3?)

I have the Pro version too. Works like a charm on my Hero - nice work!
    I get BBC3 listings, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Mr E wrote: »

thanks Mr E. and Phlegmo :) I appreciate your support & feedback.
    Dont forget to comment the app on the market as well if you have time ;)

Strange.. BBC3 works fine for me too. Have you set any of the filters in the search page or are you using the defauts (any time etc)?

As I wrote on the help page, TZ is only the front end to a database which is public but unfortunately not managed by me. which means that most times I can fix the issues but if the database is wrongly filled in or goes offline for some reason it can cause TZ to behave erratically.

In any case Mr E, I will be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue, drop me a mail on droid.support@gmail.com and we can take it from there.

Stay tuned for the next app soon to come...
    (hint.. you'll never spend 1 minute more than its needed in an airport, waiting for THAT flight that just got delayed 2 hours!) :D

PS any reason why I m not getting any email notification when this thread is updated? I found your posts by chance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi,

any1 know if there is an app in the android app store for sending web texts?

Also, it came pre loaded 'peep' twitter client...can this be deleted, so far it wont let me.

Thanks,

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi,

any1 know if there is an app in the android app store for sending web texts?

Also, it came pre loaded 'peep' twitter client...can this be deleted, so far it wont let me.

Thanks,

you need to use adb to uninstall system apps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

NEw widgets released by HTC today for this. Battery, Tip Calculator, This Day in History and Dice apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Strange.. BBC3 works fine for me too. Have you set any of the filters in the search page or are you using the defauts (any time etc)?

Its working now. Might have been pilot error by me ... I realise that BBC3 don't show TV shows until the evening.
    PS any reason why I m not getting any email notification when this thread is updated? I found your posts by chance..

Make sure you've subscribed to Instant Updates By Email. I subscribed to daily updates to some threads by accident and only got updates after midnight every night....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭28064212

you need to use adb to uninstall system apps..
    Is it possible use adb to uninstall system apps on a non-rooted phone? Or is it possible to gain temporary root through adb?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

It does but its in a threaded layout instead of bubbles. If you prefer bubbles you can download Handcent or ChompSMS from the market which have styles more like the iPhone in them or can be customised however you want

Hi,

I took out my phone last night to have a mess around with it and downloaded ChompSMS, But when I get a text it doesn't say the contact person just telephone numbers... How do i change this? Also it won't say on Chompsms that i got a new Msg :( Any other Good App's to download?

Noodles23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I took out my phone last night to have a mess around with it and downloaded ChompSMS, But when I get a text it doesn't say the contact person just telephone numbers... How do i change this? Also it won't say on Chompsms that i got a new Msg :( Any other Good App's to download?
    Handcent is great, works perfect out of the box, and is totally customisable

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

28064212 wrote: »
    Handcent is great, works perfect out of the box, and is totally customisable

But i want the whole Iphone Conversation Bubble??? Will this work with that? Altho i selected it to be defaulted its still not working :(

Noodles23 wrote: »
    But i want the whole Iphone Conversation Bubble??? Will this work with that?
    Yes

28064212 wrote: »
    Is it possible use adb to uninstall system apps on a non-rooted phone? Or is it possible to gain temporary root through adb?

some android phones are sold with root enabled (HTC Magic, TIM branded Italy for example). On those phones, adb will run with normal user right by default, tho if you run su it will elevate to root (# symbol when you run adb shell). Most of the phones are root locked tho so.. it really depends.
    The quick answer should be no.

As far as I know without root is not possible to uninstall system apps either. you could delete the system apk from the image prior to flashing it to your phone but then again if you're unrooted it wont flash a custom rom.

Last hope could be booting in recovery and see what type of access you're granted. On HTC Magic TIM for example you are given root access directy in recovery..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭disland

Hi

Anybody know of a widget for

1. Fantasy Premier League?
    2. Premierships goal alerts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Soccer Live scores is the best I've come across. You can enable goal alerts on a per match basis. Doesn't give you assists though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Fotmob is brilliant for football scores.

I just have a bookmark to the mobile section of the fantasy football website. Works like a charm.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fotmob is pretty good. Better looking GUI then Soccer Livescores. Though ive noticed its a bit slow sometimes to give random goal updates.

The united game during the week was 1-0 for ages when it was actually 2-0, meanwhile other goals were updating. Theres a new fotmob4.5, but tis not on the Irish Android market. Lame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Fotmob 4.5 is only for Android 1.6 and above, we can get that when we get our upgrade. Should be the first week or two in January hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement