Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies, do you mind us checking you out?

Options
  • 24-06-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

The lovely weather seems to bring out an abundance of lovely ladies who are baring plenty of flesh. Whenever I pass such such fine women I really want to give a quick look at what's on display but am afraid I'll look like a bit of a perv. So instead I keep my eyes at eye level. I'm just wondering do women mind guys looking at their bodies? I know there's a difference between casual glancing and ogling and that the latter is definitely a bad idea. But am I right in thinking that most girls wouldn't mind and would actually welcome a cursory glance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Depends. If you staring at me like I've got 2 heads, yeah I'd be annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

OP, would the fine weather not mean you'd be wearing sunglasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I don't mind you checking me out any more than you'd mind me checking you out. I know my legs look nice in my summer dress. It's cool. Glance away.

But there's no need to be rude and/or act as if you're perusing a meat counter . . . or shout that you want my number from inside a moving vehicle (happened to me yesterday, true story).

Oh, and if you're more than 15 years my senior and are ogling, I might cross the street to get away from you.

Just say hi and smile, and I'll do the same, and we'll all be happy.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭superfear

haha very good, now theres someone whos thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

Nope, not at all especially if you are having an 'beaten with an ugly stick day', sometimes a nice glance from the opposite sex is a way to boost confidence.

Bring it on..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sunglasses are your friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I dont mind it at all, quite like it.

I'm always checking out guys so i'd be a hypocrite if i did mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Well I have to wear prescription sunglasses and they're not dark enough to hide my eyes! :mad: Was in Stephen's Green today and didn't know where to look! Well it's good to know that a bit of looking is okay, on my way home today I'll be a bit more daring! Still a bit self conscious that I'll look like a perv though. Must be brave :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

men if your caught checking someone out smile.... it makes the whole thing alot less awkward for all parties involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Well its a complicated one. Some women would feel quite intimidated by it, because they might not know how to deal with it. Even moreso if its followed by any kind of comment by the guy.

I, on the other hand, am another matter :pac: I find it a bit of a compliment actually, it kinda proves that I still haz something worth looking at! I can even handle any comments because I think I assess situations quickly, and would have a reply very readily. Either way a cheeky smile and a wink puts me back in control of the situation. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Abigayle wrote: »
    Well its a complicated one. Some women would feel quite intimidated by it, because they might not know how to deal with it. Even moreso if its followed by any kind of comment by the guy.

I, on the other hand, am another matter :pac: I find it a bit of a compliment actually, it kinda proves that I still haz something worth looking at! I can even handle any comments because I think I assess situations quickly, and would have a reply very readily. Either way a cheeky smile and a wink puts me back in control of the situation. ;)
    Checking you out Abi ......again .........as we speak :cool:

Actually totally agree witht the smile aspect .

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

As long as it isn't derogatory oogling encasing laughing and/or pointing, it's graaanndd. :)

Someone checking you out can really brighten up your day sometimes and I agree with the smile aspect.
    That's more likely to make an impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

A smile and a swift glance is always good. A stare and a grunt never is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah swift glance and a smile is OK, flattering even, anything else is just irritating. A cheeky smile if you get caught trying to steal a look will help us forgive you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Fine hot weather?
    Sweet suffering Jebus you should be here and see what flies around the place on scooters in the summer.
    One of these days I'm going to be arrested picking my 15 yo from school.
    All his girl friends come up and kiss me on both cheeks. Then there's their mothers...
    One day one of them leaned in the jeep window and gave me a peck while I was engrossed in Boards on my iPhone, I jumped my own height. I'm a total prude as it turns out.:o

Hagar wrote: »
    All his girl friends come up and kiss me on both cheeks. Then there's their mothers...

Interesting. Hey where do you live? Just curious...

The wimminz are worse for perving .......filthy animals the lot of em :mad:

Now Where Were We ? Ah yes .....Ladies do you mind ...... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

oh I don't mind it, just throw me a wink or something! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Latchy wrote: »
    The wimminz are worse for perving .......filthy animals the lot of em :mad:

Now Where Were We ? Ah yes .....Ladies do you mind ...... ?

But ladies are very discreet about it. Coy, even.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭I'lllearnye

From Wikihow: How to check out a girl
    1. Try not to stare. If you are sitting behind her and see her thong and want to look, just glance slightly for a couple of seconds, and look away. Or take a picture, it'll last longer :p
    2. Be extremely careful when looking at cleavage. Try doing this while you are standing or sitting next to her, and looking sideways, so it looks as discreet as possible.Try to look from a downward angle like sitting on a table or stand if she's sitting. Just don't stand on the table when she's sitting down, that'll look real obvious.
    3. Also, if you want to get a good feel of how a girl looks, make one quick glance and check to see if she's looking your way. If she isn't, look again and look up and down fairly quickly (not too fast cause you won't gain any info, but not so slow that everyone notices) and then turn away.
    4. Wait until she's busy. There's a great chance she won't catch you looking at her when she isn't paying attention. Like when she's getting ready for bed at night.

URL="http://www.wikihow.com/index.php?title=Check-Out-a-Girl-Without-Her-Noticing&action=edit&section=2"][COLOR=#0000ff]edit[/COLOR][/URL Tips
    • Don't be a pervert, a girl will notice and you could get in trouble, even with the law in some severe cases.
    • Make sure to be discreet, a girl that sees you staring at her will get intimidated and probably slap you.
    • Try to look off the corner of your eye.
    • Remember: If you can see her eyes, she can see you! :pac: Really?
    • If she's with a crowd of friends, make sure none of them are looking at you either. If they see you, they'll tell her (not good)!
    • Wear sunglasses. In other words, if you can't beat them...:)

URL="http://www.wikihow.com/index.php?title=Check-Out-a-Girl-Without-Her-Noticing&action=edit&section=3"][COLOR=#0000ff]edit[/COLOR][/URL Warnings
    • Don't ever touch a girl that doesn't want to be touched, you could get expelled from school and probably get arrested if you're in high school or above.
    • Do not even think of following her, you could end up in a jail cell. Remember following can be classed as stalking which is a criminal offense.
    • Even if she doesn't know you're checking her out, other people might. You wouldn't believe how obvious it can look. Be discreet! Make a cardboard hide with eyeholes and position it so that the eyeholes are level with her breasts. If you can't see her eyes, well then she can't see you!

URL="http://www.wikihow.com/index.php?title=Check-Out-a-Girl-Without-Her-Noticing&action=edit&section=4"][COLOR=#0000ff]edit[/COLOR][/URL Related wikiHows

Ads by Google

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Interesting. Hey where do you live? Just curious...
    South of France, kissing is the norm here, even between men. Sometimes it freaks me a bit.

Yes, yes they are GI , specially when I am ....eh we guys wear shorts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

If you call drooling, whistling, and having your eyes out on stalks discreet :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

If you call drooling, whistling, and having your eyes out on stalks discreet :p

Thats just you! :pac:

Hagar wrote: »
    South of France, kissing is the norm here, even between men. Sometimes it freaks me a bit.

As yes, I've been there before - beautiful part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

I like getting the odd beep.. makes me feel happy!
    Until I see a stunningly attractive girl/woman a few minutes later and Im like, damn shes hot, they were obviously beeping at her :(

Anyway, no I dont mind if you sexy boys wanna look at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Again, I don't mind a quick glance. But lay off staring at my boobs when I'm out with my Dad, it's weird, it makes me feel weird, and indecent. I'm not even large chested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I saw the hotist red head yesterday i mean she was :eek: :eek: confident walk tho the lap top bag made her look a bit goofy :D...

sunglass are important..... make shore your eyes can't be seen to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I dont mind at all :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Girls if you'll all gather in one place on a fine day. Us boys will do the same. We'll all be sporting the shades :cool: and we'll all check each other out and smile :) and wink ;)

It'll be a big Boards "Check each other out in the nice weather" Meet Up

:D

Advertisement