Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First photos before DSLR stolen

• 24-06-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey. I'm a first time poster, and as I'm sure will become very clear, very quickly, a newbie and a novice to the exciting and scary world of DSLR.

Here are some of the very first photos I took with my brand new Canon 40d. This is the latest newborn addition to our family, and her older brother meeting her for the first time. Your comments and critiques are most welcome and appreciated.

Alas, the learning curve has stalled for a bit; as my camera was robbed when our house was broken into last week. Gutted, but hoping the home insurance will be able to replace the camera and everything else before long.

3616708246_014c3bb87c.jpg

3614622527_41388c771c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Welcome! Very nice shots as your intro to boards:)

Hopefully your insurance gets sorted quickly and you can start to get to grips with the capbilities of your new toy. It's pretty obvious thought that there are more important things in life for the moment though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

thats a shame, great pictures all the same, hopefully the insurance will get you back up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sorry to hear the bad news, at least some good pictures came out of it :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nice shots, shame about it being robbed, hope you get it sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 staroga

thanks folks! I'm taking the view that I'm 'lucky' enough to get to go camera shopping twice in as many months! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Ahh bless :)

they must issue the same blankets and hats to all new arrivals eh?

my granddaughter :)

3469848390_efcab0b046_m.jpg

sorry about the loss of the camera - hope you get sorted

oh! welcome to the photography forum

:)

Advertisement