Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Hogan Motors gone bust!

• 24-06-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Just read on RTE that 190 jobs are likely to go becuase Tom Hogan group is on its knees. The showroom in Ennis is already closed and the others may go aswell.

This is shocking, as Toyota are Irelands favourite and never expected this brand would be hit first. How come other car companies have managed to beat the session so far and they couldnt.

Most likely down to bad management and high prices. Can anyone come up with any other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just read on RTE that 190 jobs are likely to go becuase Tom Hogan group is on its knees. The showroom in Ennis is already closed and the others may go aswell.

This is shocking, as Toyota are Irelands favourite and never expected this brand would be hit first. How come other car companies have managed to beat the session so far and they couldnt.

Most likely down to bad management and high prices. Can anyone come up with any other ideas?
    More to do with rediculous VRT rates here, cheaper secondhand imports from the North and general cut backs in peoples spending.

Mountains of other main dealers have gone belly up around the country with heaps more to go before the years out. We had Pat Keogh Ltd in Limerick, Esmonds in Stillorgan,, Crawfords of Dunlaoghaire, Audi Mazda Turners Cross Cork, Appleton Motors in Cellbridge, Main Opel Dealer, CoopersFiat in Sligo, White Bishop of the long Mile Road, Dublin, Kia. Seat & Citroen, BK Motors in Balbriggan, PreformanceCars in Coolock

Independant Traders gone Bust 9
    Main Dealers gone Bust 12
    Non renewed franchises 2

Thread on the subject in Motoring forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055436742

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Quick buy into the horse and buggy market !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

The Government have to shoulder responsibility for some of this, the VRT is a joke, and now more than ever people are going to England and the north for better cars and better value, these morons are running this country into the ground

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    The Government have to shoulder responsibility for some of this, the VRT is a joke, and now more than ever people are going to England and the north for better cars and better value, these morons are running this country into the ground
    I was seriously thinking of upgrading this year but decided to hold back and put the cash it into a scoot instead.

There are heaps more holding back, the only dealers that are doing anyway ok are those with large service & maintenance or busy fuel / deli sales attached. Unfortunately T Hogans had both and still could not make it. Their fuel sales were a bit too far out of town to catch the local Ennis trade and they also lost out on passing trade with the recent bypass.

R.I.P. Tom Hogans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

just yesterday I posted this about the site including the One Mile Inn
    As far as I know, the Hogans of toyota fame bought the place with the intention of knocking it down, along with the esso garage which they already owned, and the old pitch and putt site for a big retail development. figures were massive, between 7 and 15 million was spent (allegedly) on the land....

Money that will never be recovered (though it'll probably find it's way onto the books at NAMA)

I think the whole project fell through because the area was deemed to be against the town development plan (in other words, the residents of the shanaway road had more influence than even the Hogans)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055600722

The Hogans might complain about the state of the motor industry, But I suspect bad speculative investments in land and property and developments were the primary reason the group failed.

I feel very sorry for the staff who have just lost their jobs, but don't have very much sympathy for the owners as they are ruthless businesspeople and have probably protected their personal fortunes very well before winding up the business and leaving the suppliers and staff hanging,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Akrasia wrote: »

The Hogans might complain about the state of the motor industry, But I suspect bad speculative investments in land and property and developments were the primary reason the group failed.

I feel very sorry for the staff who have just lost their jobs, but don't have very much sympathy for the owners as they are ruthless businesspeople and have probably protected their personal fortunes very well before winding up the business and leaving the suppliers and staff hanging,

Youre dead right in one respect, it was the peoperty side of things that brought down the group and there is no doubt about that, it had nothing to do with VRT, Petrol sales or deli offerings as others have suggested here.
    Toyota is probably the safest and most profitable franchise to operate internationally, even in bad times they still sell reasonably well. There wont be a shortage of people looking to takeover these franchises.

However the end of your post is downright libellous, bitter and just vicious. I know a now former staff member very well and while devastated he still had only good things to say about the Hogans today. I have also met Paul many times and found him to be a very decent guy.
    They sponsered Eire Og for years and were generous to local charitys as well as providing employment for 30 years.

No one sets out in business to go broke, as for "protecting their personal fortunes" I find this highly unlikely given the banks in Ireland's use of personal guarentees to secure company debt. Much of the time everything is intertwined and cross collateralised so the limited liability that a company affords you can be meaningless. Meaning when the **** hits the fan its like a house of cards, one brings down the rest.
    I dont think they'll be out on the streets either but can you imagine the feeling of losing the company that your parents built from scratch in the 70's? It must be devastating.

I have great sympathy for all involved, the staff, any creditors left in the lurch and the hogans, a sad day for clare business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Doubt the assets of the buisiness could have been tied up with their land assets directly, but good point you raise, well spotted.

The reason why theres a session at the minute is becuase the likes of the Hogans got reeled in by the property bubble, everyone was at it. I myself, a young man, had notions 3 years ago of someday owning my own property empire, how glad i now know property aint worth the risk.

Did you hear what the IMF said about the economic boom? Irelands Celtic Tiger boom "MASKED" the Irish economy's and public finance's weaknesses. Finally w'eve snapped out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

no, but its very sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It's the lads who lost their jobs I feel sorry for. It looks like greed got the better of the lads in their mad plunge to aquire plots of building land. I doubt if their father, lord rest him, would have allowed them to behave in such a reckless fashion if he was still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭clarecoco

Not surprised this trader and other dealers gone bust. In Jan 2007 I was quoted €20k to upgrade from a 4 year old Primera to a new Toyota avensis. I got €10k in a trade in from another dealer. I know several people over the past few months who bought the old model Toyota Avensis from Tom Hogan motors for €20k IN A STRAIGHT DEAL . I could not trade in my own car for this price 2.5 years ago.

They got greedy and everybody had to go on a waiting list for a new car

• Advertisement

clarecoco wrote: »
    Not surprised this trader and other dealers gone bust. In Jan 2007 I was quoted €20k to upgrade from a 4 year old Primera to a new Toyota avensis. I got €10k in a trade in from another dealer. I know several people over the past few months who bought the old model Toyota Avensis from Tom Hogan motors for €20k IN A STRAIGHT DEAL . I could not trade in my own car for this price 2.5 years ago.

They got greedy and everybody had to go on a waiting list for a new car

You are wrong there. Tom Hogans closing has nothing to do with selling cars. It's about overpriced property deals that the garages were used as security for the borrowings.

Tom Hogan motors was a car dealership not a property company. In 2005 the company opened new premises in Galway at a cost of €3 million. According to the most recent accounts filed with the Companies Registration Office, the Tom Hogan Group reported a pretax loss of €393,163 in 2006 after a writedown of €992,559 for exceptional costs. Turnover was €103 million and the cost of sales €98 million (less than 5% profit in a boom year!!). New-car registrations up to June 09 are down more than 60 per cent compared with a year earlier. It became insolvent, because it was not selling enough cars to cover the very high overheads and make a profit. When it was making a loss it could not pay day-to-day debts. If the directors had other property interests this had nothing to do with Tom Hogan motors going bust. It was a standalone issue: the car dealerships were losing money and could not cover costs or pay any debts.

Tom Hogan motors was a car dealership not a property company. In 2005 the company opened new premises in Galway at a cost of €3 million. According to the most recent accounts filed with the Companies Registration Office, the Tom Hogan Group reported a pretax loss of €393,163 in 2006 after a writedown of €992,559 for exceptional costs. Turnover was €103 million and the cost of sales €98 million (less than 5% profit in a boom year!!). New-car registrations up to June 09 are down more than 60 per cent compared with a year earlier. It became insolvent, because it was not selling enough cars to cover the very high overheads and make a profit. When it was making a loss it could not pay day-to-day debts. If the directors had other property interests this had nothing to do with Tom Hogan motors going bust. It was a standalone issue: the car dealerships were losing money and could not cover costs or pay any debts.

Well done obviously you can read the irish times website and copy and paste, but you know very little about accounting practices and you obviously havent actually READ the accounts which you quote.

What these figures will not tell you are the levels of directors fees, contributions to directors pensions, consultancy fees to directors included in admin expenses, rents to associated companies/directors and various other means of taking money out of companies to eliminate profits and therefore avoid paying corporation tax.

Hundreds of very profitable companies in Ireland show a loss on paper in the accounts filed in the CRO. Anyone who understands accounting procedures and filing requirements in Ireland for limited companies can tell you this.

The reason for this is thanks to systems of personal tax reliefs such as capital allowances and rental income allowances, penion contributions, etc means that a director can take out the profits without paying any income
    tax.

E.G. - Paul Hogan bought a listed building near ennis as his principal private residence and refurbished it at huge expense, all of which he is able to write off against ANY income.

I have heard that the hogans spent up to 90 million on property in the last few years (could be a rumour or exaggerated) if so this is likely to be highly leverged which would have necessitated personal guarentees from the hogans for the banks for the loans. I would not be surprised also if the hogans used their shares in the motor group as security for the loans.

Looking at the accounts they seem to have quite a bit of land in the motor group which various different banks have charges over outside of their garage locations.

Also the total debt of the motor group was only 15m at end 2006, which really isnt that high considering the size of the group.

Also if you look back over the accounts for the last 10 years they rarely showed a large profit, taking the money out in the various mechanisms i outlined above.
    Remember cost of sales includes wages to Directors!!

Another thing you probably didnt realise (i didnt till i read the accounts) is that the company changed from a limited company to an unlimited one 2 years ago.

The upshot of this is that while you dont have to file detailed accounts anymore, limited liability is gone and if the compamy goes into difficulty, the shareholders are liable!!! Also if the shareholders are in trouble the company shares become fair game for the banks.
    The "Standalone issue" which you speak of is now truely out the window!!!

Also the exceptional item was a write off of a related party debtor (i.e. one of the shareholders or a related company).

Finally the net value of the company including all loans and liabilities was over 10m, hardly insolvent!!!

Sorry to go on a rant like this but if youre going to make comments like the above at least have an idea of what youre talking about.
    Judging by your previous post you dont understand the motor industry either.

I see the Irish Times reporter didnt bother his ass reading the accounts either...

Mark my words this will not be the last case of a viable company being brought down by property speculation by the directors/shareholders.

P.S. if you'd like to see the accounts pm me and i'll send them to you!! I got them off vision net.ie, its a great site!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

If the directors had other property interests this had nothing to do with Tom Hogan motors going bust. It was a standalone issue: the car dealerships were losing money and could not cover costs or pay any debts.

Sorry, but you're wrong here. Hogan bought overprized property (One Mile Inn, as far as I know) with loans and used the garages and motor business as collateral. When the property became worthless (development plan failed - recession anyone?) the banks just had enough and seized and closed the garages.
    It was pure greed, trying to be part of property kings instead of concentrating on what they know about which is the motor business.

How do you know about the accounts and the exact numbers? Even if they are true there would still be no reason to close the motor business down. There would still be enough assets to keep it going.

Edit: asmobhosca, saw your posting after I posted mine. Well spoken and even better researched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Also Hogan was supposed to be involved in a big property deal in Dublin that lost alot of value, JJ Rattigan builders and a third party also rumoured to be involved.

I based all my comments on my experience of the company and facts - not rumour and innuendo which seems to be very prevalent in this thread.

My point is that there seems to be an obsession with linking the failure of the Car sales company with property speculation. In this case we are talking about a liquidation - it was not closed down by anybody. This happens when a Company reaches the end of its life, or becomes insolvent. A creditors voluntary liquidation is the most commonly used procedure for dealing with an insolvent company. In summary, the directors "voluntarily" place the company into liquidation. If the banks were calling in loans they would normally appoint a receiver as happened when National Irish Bank installed a receiver over the Citroën and Mitsubishi dealership Magheracloone Motors.

Tom Hogan motors went into liquidation like the following car companies:
    Limerick BMW dealer Pat Keogh Ltd
    Newlands Renault
    Ray O’Brien Motors, newbridge
    Brendan Brady, BBC in Navan,
    Westland Motors, Liffey Valley Peugeot dealer has also closed

I think any reasonable person would see the trend here – very few motor companies are not making money in this recession and many will close down unless the go back to basics of looking after customers.

The point about changing to unlimited is very valid. If an unlimited company cannot pay its debts, its owners (known as members) are liable for all those debts. This exposes the total assets in the event of the failure of the company.

For information the following are related companies – similar Directors as published in the Company Registration Office

CRO Number Company Name
    65103 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (ENNIS)
    127533 TOM HOGAN MOTOR GROUP
    300255 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (SHANNON)
    300847 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (CLONMEL)
    341008 CORPORATE FLEET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
    341763 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (DUBLIN) LIMITED
    347119 GALWAY AUTOBODY
    359143 MOTORWAY CARS (ATHLONE) LIMITED
    452960 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (ORANMORE)
    188845 TANSIDE PROPERTIES

There is one property company in this list of 8. All the others are related to the motor industry.

Lets not forget that alot of places dont have Toyota dealers now becuase of this. Where are we to go if we just want to test drive the best built cars in the world? We need a new dealer to fill the void.

Lets not forget that alot of places dont have Toyota dealers now becuase of this. Where are we to go if we just want to test drive the best built cars in the world? We need a new dealer to fill the void.
    You will have to go to Sheils, the Mondeo will kick the Avensis :pac:

Toyota have always been known for thier reliability and quality.

Ford have been known for rust buckets such as the Escort, Orion, etc. They have only been playing catch up with Japanese quality in recent years and they are still no where as good as Toyota.

Sure what kind of Mondeo are you on about? It could be a 1.8 that "kicks" a 1.6, its not rocket science why that happens and has nothing to do with the brand of car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

My point is that there seems to be an obsession with linking the failure of the Car sales company with property speculation. In this case we are talking about a liquidation - it was not closed down by anybody. QUOTE]

Come on man, everyone knows that property was the reason that Hogan's went under.

• Advertisement

buck65 wrote: »
    My point is that there seems to be an obsession with linking the failure of the Car sales company with property speculation. In this case we are talking about a liquidation - it was not closed down by anybody. QUOTE]

Come on man, everyone knows that property was the reason that Hogan's went under.

Dead on there.

I based all my comments on my experience of the company and facts - not rumour and innuendo which seems to be very prevalent in this thread.

My point is that there seems to be an obsession with linking the failure of the Car sales company with property speculation. In this case we are talking about a liquidation - it was not closed down by anybody. This happens when a Company reaches the end of its life, or becomes insolvent. A creditors voluntary liquidation is the most commonly used procedure for dealing with an insolvent company. In summary, the directors "voluntarily" place the company into liquidation. If the banks were calling in loans they would normally appoint a receiver as happened when National Irish Bank installed a receiver over the Citroën and Mitsubishi dealership Magheracloone Motors.

Tom Hogan motors went into liquidation like the following car companies:
    Limerick BMW dealer Pat Keogh Ltd
    Newlands Renault
    Ray O’Brien Motors, newbridge
    Brendan Brady, BBC in Navan,
    Westland Motors, Liffey Valley Peugeot dealer has also closed

I think any reasonable person would see the trend here – very few motor companies are not making money in this recession and many will close down unless the go back to basics of looking after customers.

The point about changing to unlimited is very valid. If an unlimited company cannot pay its debts, its owners (known as members) are liable for all those debts. This exposes the total assets in the event of the failure of the company.

For information the following are related companies – similar Directors as published in the Company Registration Office

CRO Number Company Name
    65103 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (ENNIS)
    127533 TOM HOGAN MOTOR GROUP
    300255 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (SHANNON)
    300847 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (CLONMEL)
    341008 CORPORATE FLEET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
    341763 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (DUBLIN) LIMITED
    347119 GALWAY AUTOBODY
    359143 MOTORWAY CARS (ATHLONE) LIMITED
    452960 TOM HOGAN MOTORS (ORANMORE)
    188845 TANSIDE PROPERTIES

There is one property company in this list of 8. All the others are related to the motor industry.

Ah for Gods sake man are you for real?
    I already explained to you in detail why and how the property investments brought down the Hogan group.
    The Dogs on the street know it was the property that brought it down, people who know the hogans know it was the property that brought it down. People in the car industry know it was the property investments that brought it down.
    Its common fecking knowledge at this stage.
    Youre wrong get over it.

Also do I detect a bit of Glee in their demise given your only 3 posts ever on here are about the hogans, the first one giving out about what they offered you for your used car....

Again I say to you READ the ACCOUNTS they explain alot, and also just because a company has the word "motor" in its name doesnt preclude it from purchasing property assets.
    If there is bank finance attached to these folios then they are also declared in the accounts, and in the hogan group there are plenty of these.

Also in a voluntary liquidation it can often be in the interest of the Directors and the banks to go this route, and agreement between the parties is usually involved following negotiations beforehand. Although I must admit I have very little knowledge of liquidations specifically involving unlimited companies. (they are very rare in Ireland)

Also in speaking in general terms about the motor industry the reason so many dealers are going bust is not just falling car sales, but the level of debt these dealerships have been forced to take on by Car Manufacturers to build the shiny new glass showrooms. Pat Keogh in Limerick is a very good example of this.

youre of course entitled to your opinion but if you really believe it then read the accounts and justify it with your "facts"

I am converted. The property investments caused the liquidation. Mea culpa. Though I am worried where everybody will go for their Toyota....

I am converted. The property investments caused the liquidation. Mea culpa. Though I am worried where everybody will go for their Toyota....

Good :D! That's the point of discussions. But not your fault - no 'mea (tua) culpa'.

I don't know about Toyota, was never a fan (Nissan is way better and more reliable), but I bought a second hand car at Hogan's in April with a six months warranty.
    That really worries me, despite the promises that warranties will be honoured. But where to go when all the Hogan places are closed?

palaver wrote: »
    Good :D! That's the point of discussions. But not your fault - no 'mea (tua) culpa'.

I don't know about Toyota, was never a fan (Nissan is way better and more reliable), but I bought a second hand car at Hogan's in April with a six months warranty.
    That really worries me, despite the promises that warranties will be honoured. But where to go when all the Hogan places are closed?

If you bought a Toyota more than likely you won't need to use the warrinty.

finbarrk wrote: »
    If you bought a Toyota more than likely you won't need to use the warrinty.

Nah, it's a Renault Clio, a trade in apparently. Hogan's didn't do only Toyota in the second hand car section.
    I'm happy with the vehicle, works fine, at least compared to my old banger, a Nissan Sunny '91 which was absolutely reliable and low maintenance over all these years.
    But there is still the warranty I might (!) need.
    It's the principle of warranties of a company gone bust which worries me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There is a union of car traders in Ireland, can't remember the name of them now, you could give them a shout and find out what the story is with your warrently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Here you go, get in contact with them http://www.simi.ie/

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Here you go, get in contact with them http://www.simi.ie/

Thanks Clareman, I'll try that. But with my luck the first car failure or whatever will occur about two days after the warranty ended anyway ... :rolleyes:

That's always going to happen, it'd be nice to have a bit of piece of mind, 1 of the main reasons to buy from a garage is to have piece of mind that if anything goes wrong that it'll be looked after

Exactly that's why I bought the car at Hogan's, everyone telling me about peace of mind and Hogan's being a decent garage, won't let me down, blah ...

Did I mention my luck?

Anyway, the people who lost their jobs are worse off. I shouldn't really complain.

And if Hogan's would still exist, I'm sure they really would look after my car in case something goes wrong. They were very nice, helpful and accommodating.

I wonder what is going to happen with all those (used) cars sitting on their premises? Going to a carboot sale? :D

The liquidators own them now, keep an eye out for lots of auctions in the months to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Read in today's paper >€20m owed to creditors.:eek:

Clareman wrote: »
    The liquidators own them now, keep an eye out for lots of auctions in the months to come

Speaking of auctions, there is something out the Quin road across from Johnno's, car auctions? Is this the place to go for bitter sweet deals on cars?

• Advertisement

Claregirl wrote: »
    Read in today's paper >€20m owed to creditors.:eek:
    Yes. A liquidator Greg Costello from Limerick-based accountancy firm Grant Thornton has been appointed.

Three creditors’ meetings were held in Ennis on Monday 13th July. Under company law, the directors of the company had to present a statement of affairs, which included a list of creditors and the amounts they are owed. A statement of affairs, outlining the group’s difficulties, revealed that its estimated total deficit is €20.3 million, after taking into account the realisable assets of €2.1 million. It has bank indebtedness of around €16m.
    The liquidator said he would give top priority to employees who are owed wages and also that it may be possible to re-start parts of the business which have proven viable.

The old hogans shop has just re-opened on the lahinch road. There are very strong rumours that it is being run by one of the hogan family and they are selling toyota cars from the forecourt (surprise surprise)

If the hogans do still retain posession of this property and are running then it is absolutely dispicable behaviour. I know staff who worked at the shop before it went into 'voluntary liquidation' and they are still owed money from wages not paid and had to claim stat redundancy from the state (that's us by the way), not to mention the 20 million the hogans allegedly owed to creditors before shutting their business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I drove past the garage in Shannon today and they had a few cars on the forecourt for sale with a sign above the door saying "Clearance Sale"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

I heard an ad on Clare FM for the car sales in Ennis - it is still Hogans running it.

The showroom in Shannon was only open today and yesterday selling old office furniture and machinery from the garage - I dont know who was running it.

finbarrk wrote: »
    If you bought a Toyota more than likely you won't need to use the warranty.

Unless the accelerator sticks to the floor, you will need more than a warranty. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

It is the old Hogan's who run the new business, they opened a new outlet in Ennis as well, looking for staff. As adertised in the Clare Champion recently.
    I've heard it from an insider (former employee) who told me that rumour has it that the whole bankruptcy thingy was a scam to start anew, getting rid of the old debts.
    I'm careful here to claim anything. But that's what I've heard. And it makes sense. By now I wouldn't put anything beyond all the businessmen in Ireland.

I'm mad at Hogan's, bought a car just before they went bust... No claim for warranty whatsoever...

formerly palaver - long story, don't ask....:(

I noticed Hogans are back dealing in Toyota on the Lahinch Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

got the car serviced by them on the quinn rd.

they asked is we had any service record, we said " yes its on your computers on the gort road not that its of any use to us now!!!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

got the car serviced by them on the quinn rd.

they asked is we had any service record, we said " yes its on your computers on the gort road not that its of any use to us now!!!!!!"
    Quinn Rd is Volkswagen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Quin Rd is Volkswagen.

He didn't mean Western Garages, which is Volkswagen as you say.
    He was referring to Hogan Motors, right beside Market Hardware, which recently opened in the premises which used to be Gerry Keane Fast Fit.

No defo Toyota, run by tom hogan! its in the Quinn rd industrial est.

emanresu wrote: »
    He was referring to Hogan Motors, right beside Market Hardware, which recently opened in the premises which used to be Gerry Keane Fast Fit.

Thats the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

emanresu wrote: »
    I didnt know about this place.I see aHogans motors selling Toyotas out the Lahinch Rd as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

I don't support this reinvention stuff. There are plenty of garages who continued to pay their employees and their rates throgh the very tough times who deserve our support. I would also liken this to the Lynch group major write off of their creditors. There is only 1 way to show loyalty to those who hold tough. Unlike the council who went to Mickey cheque in hand after the flooding when all the other hotels paid their rates.

Advertisement