Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookin to get a new ds card. for the dsi

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

which is the best one to get as there is so many out there now that are fake and clones.

Back when they started they was only a few. and there are tons of different ones now.

And now with the Dsi most wont work with it.

would like to hear from you.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i got the acekard 2 for my ds phat and its excellent and a doddle to use. there is a new version out for the DSi

http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/BrowseReviews.dx/sku.18728

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

I got ripped off by del extreme at crimbo mate. and am ordering off focalpric.com now.

I got ddst cards at crimbo loads of them. and none of them worked. so took me 2 months to get refund.

And in the end the minute I mentions i'll report you to paypal they said o.k o.k i give you store credit just return our products.

same site design but different company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I've gotten a fair few things from Dealextreme, no problems whatsoever (well, slow delivery i suppose!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

try focal pice man, its way better site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

---

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 randallflagg

i've been out of the loop for a while - since the DSi came out at least, so this may sound like a stupid question but do the TTDSi cards do exactly the same for the DSi as the old DSTT cards did for the DS lite. Are you able to execute the same homebrew applications ;) on the DSi and if so why did Nintendo bother changing the DS in the first place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Thomasjo

I got the aceKard2 from DealXtreme, also a couple of cables. All worked fine. Very good prices, but about 2 weeks delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FCIRELAND

To run DSI home brew and backups on the DSI version 1.4 (latest update)
    you need to use one of these cars EZFLASH Vi ,M3 i Zero, R4i GOld

no other cards currently work with the dsi - the DSTTI will never work with 1.4

We are currently in the process of setting up a shop to sell legitimate carts
    bought direct from the manufacturer in ireland - i will notify you once we have done so.

the acekard2i is currently not compatible with the 1.4 upgrade we would recommend you purchase the ezflashvi card or the m3izero as the R4i gold is only a clone of existing ezflash .

As for purchasing direct from DX their prices are good however their shipping is painfully slow and often they sell cloned cards unintentionally

obviously i would recommend you purchase a legitimate card from the official reseller list.

we will be selling the EZFLASH Vi at a very competitive rate of 22Euro + shipping

i hope this helped clear up any questions you have

Flashcartireland team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

whats the quickest way of finding out someones current dsi firmware?
    Seeing as they are a clueless relation. You all know the ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Thomasjo

Seeing as they are a clueless relation. You all know the ones.[/quote]

His name is not Frank by any chance??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

On talbot street in dublin city center, theres the 27 bus stop. at it theres a shop run by 2 chinese and 2 nigerians with a lot of phones in the window, the shop is bright and good to look at. In it, they always have stock of the R4i cards, which says on the box it works on ds, ds lite & dsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bongotime wrote: »
    I got ripped off by del extreme at crimbo mate. and am ordering off focalpric.com now.

I got ddst cards at crimbo loads of them. and none of them worked. so took me 2 months to get refund.
    It was well known that DX were selling faulty clones, they were slightly cheaper than the real ones, which were on sale at the same time. A mate of mine kept buying them knowing they were fakes and many did not work. All he had to do was buy the real one, I had no problem with real ones, and have fixed the fakes ones with software. Most sold in cardboard boxes were fakes, and the CNDSTT ones too.
    FCIRELAND wrote: »
    the acekard2i is currently not compatible with the 1.4 upgrade we would recommend you purchase the ezflashvi card or the m3izero as the R4i gold is only a clone of existing ezflash .
    acekard does have a fix.

I think the fix file contains copyrighted code in it so it is not out on their official site.

FCIRELAND wrote: »
    Sorry for the Misinformation but at the time the AK2i was NOT compatible
    with the 1.4 firmware.

Also a further note DSTTi is now offically working on 1.4 Firmware
    Yes, seems you are correct, I had read it was coming and thought it was out a while, but see most uploads are around the time I posted that. Good to see the DSTTi is going, but I still would recommend some other ones, seeing as they were a bit late in the game, and many rumoured it could not be fixed, not sure why.

They should really introduce a feature to try and stop people updating them, or making it need a pin number or something. I am still shocked it was so easy to bypass the DSi, they must be kicking themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

My daughter has the DS Lite. I was thinking of getting the Acekard 2i(rubadub seems to rate it) and a 4GB stick of Kingston Micro SDHC(http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Kingston/Kingston-4GB-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card---Class-4). Will the 4GB SDHC memory work with the Acekard 2i and are both a good choice for the DS Lite.

My daughter has the DS Lite. I was thinking of getting the Acekard 2i(rubadub seems to rate it) and a 4GB stick of Kingston Micro SDHC(http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Kingston/Kingston-4GB-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card---Class-4). Will the 4GB SDHC memory work with the Acekard 2i and are both a good choice for the DS Lite.

Does she have a DS Lite, or DSi (the newer one with camera). The acekard 2i is needed for a DSi (or any DSi compatible card). But I think all these DSi cards will work on the older DS lite (acekard 2i certainly does). But you are paying a premium for DSi compatibility which you may not need.

I would avoid the DSTTi (even though it works on the DSi V1.4 now). But if I personally was getting a new card for the DS Lite I would stick with the DSTT, since I am used to it and prefer the menu system, simpler for smaller kids though the acekard is simple enough. Its 50/50 really, the acekard costs a little more, and is seems better build quality. If getting one for DSi I would be 100% with the acekard 2i

The DSi can be upgradeable with new firmware, thats the main worry, while the DS Lite should be fine with a working card from now onwards. Of course you can simply just not upgrade the firmware, but I can imagine kids in school doing it for them or something.

The kingstons should be fine, I have several working in DSTT's and in the 2 acekards I got I had 8GB Class 4 SDHC cards I got these lexar ones from mymemory, and they are the exact ones in the acekard. Only a few euro more for the 8GB £11.99

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-8GB-Micro-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-4

I heard there was some protection out on a new mario game meaning it did not run on the R4, but then I heard a patched version was out already and it now works. You would think nintendo would poach sony's PS3 protection guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Thanks rubadub, appericate the wealth of info you took the time to post. The daughters console is the older DS Lite but the reason I would consider the acecard(apart from your reccomendation regarding it's build quality) is that knowing kids it may not be too long before she is looking for the DSi(Christmas coming up) although from what I can see looking at the specs for both the DS Lite and DSi other than the camera and mp3 player capability there is not a lot extra to be had with the DSi. The 8GB memory card you linked to looks spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Guys, my daughter is about to buy a new DSi - can you please tell me the best card to buy (TTDSi?) and where they can be bought (preferably Dublin area, but online would be OK). Thanks, Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BigFish75

Hi all,

I was about to buy 2 Supercard DSOne1 cards from Dealextreme and noticed the following message on the page where they display the product info.

***Important Information Before Purchasing***
    Since Nintendo released the new upgrade edition V1.4 for Nintendo DSi console, due to the technical problem and all game card needs period of time to upgrade, this item is NOT ABLE to compatible with the V1.4 Nintendo DSi consoles, so if you have upgraded your Nintendo DSi console to the newest V1.4 edition, please wait and keey an eye on our game cards, we will update the description once any upgraded game cards received from the suppliers.

Is this correct? I thought the DSOnei cards were designed so that future firmware upgrades wouldn't be a problem in so far as the Supercard guys would issue a revised OS forthe card which you could flash onto it and bingo you're back in buisness. Can anyone give me a heads up on what the correct story is here? I want to buy two more cards for some friends who just got new DSi's but not if the cards won't work on the new firmware. BTW, how can I check the firmware version on a DSi?

Cheers,

Fish

FCIRELAND, thanks for your reply - pm sent this evening, Paddy

• Advertisement

FCIRELAND,

Thanks for the info.

So the AK2i or ezflashvi are better than the DSOne1 card? Can you give me an idea why? I' looking for a simple reliable solution which kids can use. I don't need lot's of functionality. Just load backed up games on and bingo they're in business.

I found the DSOnei very easy to use and was impressed that they had 'future proofed' it against firmware upgrades but it sems their words weren't followed by their actions as quicly or slickly as I'd expected.

If the AK2i or ezflashvi are better can you PM me a link to where you recommend I get them from? I used to get the DSOnei's from dealextreme and had no problems but I se some others have had problems getting clones instead of originals recently.

Much appreciated.

Fish.

FCIRELAND,

Card received this morning, followed your instructions, everything is perfect. Thanks for great advice and service.

FCIreland,

Thanks for the PM.

I'm looking for 4 AceKard 2i's. Do you have them in stock and if so what's the total cost for 4 delivered to Dublin?

Also, I see you don't sell 8G micro SDHC cards. Can you recommend a site I can get them from? Are these guys reliable? http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC

Fish

Bigfish,
    This might be some help to you - I recently bought a couple of 8Gb Micro SD cards on Ebay (not sure if the attached link will work or not)?
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320423984783&ssPageName=STRK:MEBDIX:IT[/URL]3&ssPageName=STRK:MEBDIX:IT

They were very reasonably priced, at €13.89 each (€30 or 40 in most of the mobile phone shops here), and took about a week to arrive(from Korea, I think). They work perfectly in the phones (Samsung Jet & Tocco Lite).

However, if you want these to use with the Acekard, please check first. As far as I am aware, the maximum you can use is 2Gb.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

paddym1 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, the maximum you can use is 2Gb.

Got two DS Lites running Acekard 2's with 4GB SDHC microSD cards ;)

Thanks TV - I may try upgrading my daughter's.

I have 8GB in acekard2i's I get them on www.mymemory.co.uk cheap enough, order 1 at a time as you could be hit by customs, they ship from jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 makonine

Hi folks,i'm looking for info on which is the best card for the dsi and where I can get one in Dublin.I've seen a lot of sites are selling cards but I have no clue as to which site to trust or even what card is the best for the dsi.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

`HI your Best option would be either the Acekard 2(i) or DSTT so simplicity
    would avoid the R4 Clone cards as they tend to have issues updating

would advise against dx at the moment if you need it for xmas
    there are a number of websites that sell them legitimatly both in ireland and abroad

chipspain for example sell s them if you have any further questions dont hesitate to PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 makonine

Thanks Overide13 for the info.Think i'll go for the Acekard 2i from Chipspain,was gonna get a Ez flash Vi from focalprice but would probably be waiting longer for it to arrive.Thanks again.

Advertisement