Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest/River getaway in Europe

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Looking to go away for a week to somewhere in Europe that would be good for kayaking, abseiling, trekking... etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for a place that would cater for this? Thinking about going around August.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Try the South West of Ireland!! Otherwise I'd highly reccomend either the Highlands of Scotland - Aviemore or Fort William; or the Isle of Skye.
    Serious mountaineering, scrambling and climbing in the Isle of Skye.
    Loads of adventure sports and hill walking, including white water rafting, around Aviemore and Fort William.
    I can give you some adventure company contact details if you'd like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Ecrins National Park in the southern french alps might be ideal for you. Nearest Airport is Grenoble, Ryanair do a cheap flight from Dublin. Lot's of places there to choose from but a bit of searching on the web will give you what your looking for.
    Recommend trying the via ferrata if you've never done it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

http://www.paklenica.hr/Paklenica_en/Paklenica_Penjanje_en.htm

Croatia.. Was out there last year for a few weeks and this place has everything you're looking for and believe me it works out cheaper than a week here in Ireland!! There's multi day trails for hiking, lots of sport climbing routes single and multi pitch and the whole Dalmatian coast for sea kayaking/island hoping.. Ryanair fly from Dublin to Zadar.

Camping, food, transport and guides are a lot cheaper there..

Advertisement