Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3 - Good or Evil

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭

Bought Fallout 3 shortly after it came out, played it for a few hours but never really got into it. So I'm going to start it over again. I had been playing as a good guy, nice to everyone etc. but I think this is one of the things which annoyed me slightly. So, now that I'm starting it again, what kind of person should I be in it?

Option 1: A nice guy. I help people out. I do nice things for them. Give them food or just try and brighten their day. I'm willing to go that extra mile to help someone, even at my own cost.

Option 2: A nice guy, but with a dark side. I help people, but only if it really benefits me. I try to help people, but only if they deserve it. But I can sometimes be immoral if it serves the higher purpose

Option 3: The badass with the heart of gold. I dismiss people. I'm rude. I treat people with contempt unless they have some use to me. But deep down, I still have morals. I'm rude, but I do have emotions.

Option 4: Death reincarnated. If you don't serve a purpose, your life is worthless. People are scum, and even if they serve a purpose, I'll still find a way to destroy them once they inevitably outlive their usefulness.

Who will I be 48 votes

Good guy
    0% 0 votes
    Good guy with a dark side
    41% 20 votes
    Badass with a heart of gold
    52% 25 votes
    Death reincarnated
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I'm playing it once as nice guy then again as a evil guy. there's different perks for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I'm 75-80 hours in, and maybe about 50% complete and still have all the DLC stuff to do. The game has pretty much rated me as neutral from around level 10 on. It's hard to stay completely good I reckon as there are just some things you need to do to survive. e.g. nicking stuff when low on health for example. On the flip side I think it's very hard to be totally evil as there are certainly moral dilemmas you come accross in the game which at times makes me uncomfortable. I always try to do the right thing because I would in real life, and the game is really an extension of my psyche. I really don't know how anyone can play the game as an evil character.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irlpotato

Mostly good... unless the reward for being evil is too good. Then I shoot the evil person once ive been rewarded. But even when i leave no witnesses, that three dog, he always knows..

Killing raiders, enclave soldiers and super mutants gives you a small good karma boost, so you actually have to go out of your way to keep the karma down, which usually ends up with me constantly swiping every knick knack I came across... I ended up being good purely from my habit of wandering around and wasting every red contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Evil FTW! Although i'm going to play again and atone for my sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Mostly I'm playing as a good guy but sometimes I just can't help but kill people who might have something I want from them, such as the traders wandering around the wastes.
    Or the Raider down in one of the raider camps who had the terrible shotgun, didn't regret that one for a second its a good gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Can't understand how anyone can play as an evil character :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played for a few hours last night. Mostly being good, although I do answer back a lot and I have stolen a few things from peoples houses. Sometimes I just can't bring myself to be evil, even when I meet a character I hate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Played for a few hours last night. Mostly being good, although I do answer back a lot and I have stolen a few things from peoples houses. Sometimes I just can't bring myself to be evil, even when I meet a character I hate

Yeh but the characters you hate you can kill:p

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Could never get into this game, waaay too similar to Elder Scrolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Flaccus wrote: »
    Can't understand how anyone can play as an evil character :eek:

In most games Evil Chars get all the goodies !! :D:) , saying that I'm usually a good guy :( ...poxy jimminy cricket and that conscience bull !

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I was so evil that my father ran away me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Completed the story mode on the Best Possible Karma....Gonna try it now on the worst and see what the difference is....... Quality Game by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Evil all the way...blowing up Megatron..how fun is that :D

I knew one guy who blew it up...felt so guilty..he reloaded his previous save and saved the town..the big wuss ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Don't know why but I can never be evil in any game.Guess I'm just a saint:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Whenever I get this kind of opportunity in a game I always choose to be a good guy, I guess its just a true reflection of myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

mine was nicked.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I was willing to be a bit evil til i got to little lamp and had the option to kidnap that little girl and bring her to paradise falls, that's the most fúcked up thing i've ever seen in any game, after that i'm trying to be nice. Only got into this about 2 weeks ago, it's probably the best game i've ever played though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I play mainly as evil, yet some how I'm neutral..
    I killed everyone in Oasis (I hate hippies) and after the siege on Bigtown, I enslaved everyone I could and killed the rest (except the insane one, Bittercup, I dunno where she went), I killed all the ghouls that were planing to attack Tenpenny and threw the FEV into the water at the end of the original main mission.
    Looks like Ill just have to use more slave collars to tip the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Evil all the way...blowing up Megatron..how fun is that :D

I guess Optimus Prime would have enjoyed it but me, I decided to save Megaton.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I am predominantly good. But sometimes I have done bad things. The beauty with the game is that depending on your choices, if can affect the game later on which is cool.

when you get to megaton, save your game and blow it up. Just to watch it. its fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I like to be the extreme end of evil. For example: I beheaded Lucas Simms and started waving his severed head around in front of his kid. I killed people in Tenpenny, chopped them to bits and left them in blood covered bath tubs. I put mines on seats and wait for the lovely gibbing to commence. I shoot all "captives" in the back of the head, and also shot Jericho off the side of a cliff just cos I got bored of him!

Much more fun than being a goody two shoes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

DarkJager wrote: »
    I like to be the extreme end of evil. For example: I beheaded Lucas Simms and started waving his severed head around in front of his kid. I killed people in Tenpenny, chopped them to bits and left them in blood covered bath tubs. I put mines on seats and wait for the lovely gibbing to commence. I shoot all "captives" in the back of the head, and also shot Jericho off the side of a cliff just cos I got bored of him!

Much more fun than being a goody two shoes :D

Wouldn't like you living next door - scare the **** out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Woow_Aqualung

Wow, Old thread
    One major benifit of being good is you can have fawkes as a follower. I played the game good the first time. Now I'm trying for the evil path. I agree with griffdaddy on that choice. Sick. I prefered Fallout to Oblivion as it seemed more emersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really glad this game was brought up again! I had it on pc but it really struggled with it and I only played half of the main quest (good few side quests) with crappy graphics and a bit of stutterring so I just gave up. I want to play this again though on my PS3 (I know, I am only a mere visitor to your superior x-box boards ;))

Can anyone tell me if i can get it cheap, as in 10 euro cheap? Don't want to spend 30 on the GOTY as I will be buying read dead and UFC 2010 soon so can't afford it.

Thanks!

ps. I never got to Fawkes, gave up just before it on the level with those pesky kids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Mix and match

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Old thread but that was a brilliant game. Never got fawkes to follow me though. Completed it solo, no followers. Played the whole game except near the end just using the rock-it launcher. It was brilliant collect any junk and use them as bullets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement