Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmland Rental Pricing Information

• 24-06-2009 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Just wondering about typical prices for letting fields.

If one was to say, let a 25 acre field for 3 months, what sort of conditions would affect the pricing, and what sort of prices would be considered reasonable?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It will depend on the use to which the field is to be put or is capable of being put. It will also depend heavily on the demand in the local area for the kind of letting involved. The time of year is also relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Thanks for the reply Jo King.

The field is being let from June until August.

It will be used for silage.

Demand wouldn't be very high.

If anyone would have a rough idea of pricing considering these conditions I'd really appreciate it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I imagine demand may be non-existent for anything other than a possible cutting of hay. I don't know any farmers who would randomly have a silage pit ready to be filled, pending identification of suitable cutting grounds. What you are proposing is so specific as to rule out almost anyone other than that one specific person whose circumstances happen to randomly overlap with yours.

I am going to copy this thread over to the Farming Forum for you- they may be in a better position to offer assistance there.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

wouldn't silage bales be readily storable without a need for a pit?

I'd figure out how many bales there's be - probably two cuts at however much per bale less the costs to get contractors to cut and bale, less the margin for someone to have to look after the fields instead of buying pre-baled silage tyoe of thing.

look at ads for the cost of a bale of silage in your area or ask locally.

Advertisement