Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Eircom

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi all,

Last August I switched to BT from eircom for their 24mb BB, and whilst it was fast, the custmoer service was crap, and the broadband was very intermittent and they are nazi's with their capping. So last month I decided to switch back to eircom, I rang them up and ordered the 7mb package they put it through, and said they'd take care of BT, and cancel it. 4 weeks later I'm still using BT broadband, but getting bills for line rental from eircom. So I rang eircom up and asked what the story was, why I hadn't revieved a router or broadband, they said that I'm on a split line, which means, I'm still getting phone and BB from BT, but line rental from Eircom, they said ring BT and cancel. I rang BT and aperntly I'm in a 12month contract (could have swore it was 6 but never mind) So I said to the take back the line rental for the remaining two months of the contract, they said ok but I would have to enter another 12 months contract... ust to get the line rental back???/ madness... what should I do? just wait the contract out and pay eircom line rental as well for the next two months, and as soon as the contract is over go back to eircom? I'm confused, can anybody see another way of me doing things? without having to pay a feck load of money?

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Tim131 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Last August I switched to BT from eircom for their 24mb BB, and whilst it was fast, the custmoer service was crap, and the broadband was very intermittent and they are nazi's with their capping. So last month I decided to switch back to eircom, I rang them up and ordered the 7mb package they put it through, and said they'd take care of BT, and cancel it. 4 weeks later I'm still using BT broadband, but getting bills for line rental from eircom. So I rang eircom up and asked what the story was, why I hadn't revieved a router or broadband, they said that I'm on a split line, which means, I'm still getting phone and BB from BT, but line rental from Eircom, they said ring BT and cancel. I rang BT and aperntly I'm in a 12month contract (could have swore it was 6 but never mind) So I said to the take back the line rental for the remaining two months of the contract, they said ok but I would have to enter another 12 months contract... ust to get the line rental back???/ madness... what should I do? just wait the contract out and pay eircom line rental as well for the next two months, and as soon as the contract is over go back to eircom? I'm confused, can anybody see another way of me doing things? without having to pay a feck load of money?

Thanks,

Tim

I have never heard of such nonsense before. I think your best bet is to ask BT for a printed copy of the terms and conditions that you signed up under.

You are entitled to this. That should clarify things ( he says very optimistically!)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

if you are paying line rental now to eircom then your
    BT bill should come down by the same amount surely?

are BT styill charging you line rental, did they refund anything as they may have taken 2 months in advance

Advertisement