Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway at the weekend!

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Having people down for the weekend, and we're sorted for nights out,I know my way around the local establishments BUT i have no idea what to do with them during the day, any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Bring spades and dig weeds in my garden :D

Walk the prom or go to Silverstrand, go kayaking or windsurfing in Rusheen bay, drive around Connemara etc etc. If its sunny you'll probably have a great time just lazing around town/spanish arch etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

well your a very nice friend! very considerate.

beaches picnics bbqs, aquarium in salthill galway museum,
    out to the gspca and take some dogs for walks
    boat trip in galway, or the fjord killary, they do a bbq boat trip,
    sightseeing bus, go fishing
    hope you have a wonderful weekend, and your friends really enjoy themselves:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

out to the gspca and take some dogs for walks

Where is this exactly? Didn't know they needed dog walkers but wouldn't mind doing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I believe the sanctuary is out near Portumna. A bit of a trek from Galway city, but well worth it, and you're doing a good thing too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I suggest a beer garden, the weather will be nice.

O Connells ftw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Print out the 'Strange characters of Galway City thread' and go freak pointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Corrib Princess, about an hour and half from Woodquay up to the lough and back. Some interesting facts about Galway and they have a bar.

I was just on it yesterday and got a sun burn so bring sun block if it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Day trip out to the Aran Islands perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Bridgets Garden - its in Roscahill (halfway between Moycullen and Oughterard). Really nice place to walk around. Food is suppose to be good there too but very pricey imo so you could bring a lunch and eat it on the benches outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rdow

Ah wow loads to do thanks!!

• Advertisement

Magnus wrote: »
    Corrib Princess, about an hour and half from Woodquay up to the lough and back. Some interesting facts about Galway and they have a bar.

I was just on it yesterday and got a sun burn so bring sun block if it's nice.

Aw looking out the window, I don't think I'll be needing the sun screen:(

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Print out the 'Strange characters of Galway City thread' and go freak pointing.

ha i've actually done this before, i didnt print it out or anything but the characters just seemed to be out in force one weekend when i had friends down so they got to see em all! Even got to see Knacker dwarf kicking someone.

haha if anyone else needs something to do with visitors, i recommend this tour!!

Advertisement