Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800: problem with Tab menus

• 24-06-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I used JAF to change the product code on this Meteor branded phone, then installed the Euro_1 RED v21 firmware. It is code unlocked.
    I would consider myself a knowledgable user of all things Symbian. But this has me stumped.
    Basically, if I press the green button from stand-by I am presented with a list of dialled contacts & nos. But I can not switch left to view received or missed calls. The icons are there, but there is no way I can switch over.
    Similarly, the Bluetooth menu is not what It should be. I can switch on the bluetooth, but can not switch tabs to connect devices and rename, authorise etc.

Am I missing something, or have I made a botch of it all?

P.S. When I did the FW upgrade, the phone became totally unresponsive, & it took me a while to cop on to the GREEN + RED + CAMERA button press. THis did seem to sort that out
    Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You just click on the call log icons, no button press.

Bluetooth is the same, click on the icons to go to the other options. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Can you not touch the tabs on screen to switch to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

I can touch the icons in both menu lists, but I don't get a response, haptic or otherwise!
    I'm basically stuck with a bluetooth stereo headset that I can't connect.

Obskure wrote: »
    I can touch the icons in both menu lists, but I don't get a response, haptic or otherwise!
    I'm basically stuck with a bluetooth stereo headset that I can't connect.

Try reinstalling the firmware. Do a backup of your contacts first ofcourse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Have an inkling that I saw something about this in the Phones Show video review ?

Was it fixed in v21 maybe ?

Did you put the red firmware on a blue handset by any chance ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the swift replies.
    Long b:I do have the RED v21 FW installed, so, I'll have to go about re-installing as Davy suggests. PITA

Obskure wrote: »
    PITA

Just leave it then and sell the bluetooth headset :pac:

Davy wrote: »
    Just leave it then and sell the bluetooth headset :pac:

I'm in that frame of mind TBH. Just not as good an experience as I was hoping!

Nah, I'll get over it!;) Will do the re-install later tonight, and report back here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OFoianini

Are you using the standard theme. Some themes have a problem with the tabs.
    Oscar

Oscar, You're a legend. I can't believe it was that simple. I reverted to the Sound Waves theme from Ovi Blue. Tabs working as expected!
    Cheers again!
    John.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OFoianini

No problem, John
    Beware from other themes!!! Once I installed one one my 5800 and I had to flash it from scratch!!! Lost lots of info. If you want to install themes, do it on your MicroSD card to see if they work. I've tried many, and at the end I allways come back to the simple sound waves theme.
    Oscar

Advertisement