Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi TT Service

• 24-06-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi guys,

I have a TT Mk1 and it is time for a service. NCT is looming and this is the first time I am getting her serviced. Could anyone recommend a good Audi service in Dublin?

I know TTs can be a bit particular when they start to push on in years so I am conscious of getting it done right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I used to own a TT 1.8T 180bhp quattro.
    Mine was faultless. I generally serviced it every 8k miles as its a known problem that the oil strainer in the sump can get blocked on these engines. Use a very good oil as specified by Audi.
    There is nothing special really about the servicing and any good independant garage would do it perfectly.
    One thing to note: If your car is a quattro, the oil in the rear diff needs changing (every 40k I think) There is a tiny little filter there also which needs to be done every second time and requires a special tool to easily get at it.
    I enquired with audi dealer about changing this oil in mine. The response I got was - Why are you changing that oil, Is it leaking? They NEVER change it believe it or not so using the dealer isnt a quarantee of quality work either.
    If you know the history of the car and what service work has been done, you should be able to work out from the service book that came with the car what work is required right now. If you can work this out, take it to good indy garage and tell them what you want done (in addition to the normal service inspections that any mechanic will carry out)
    The problem alot of the time is people just drop the car in for a service and all they get is oil & filter and possibly an air filter and a bill for 200 euro. So if ya know whats needed, at least you know all will be good then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

Give Mark Walsh a ring MKW motors 014595266

They can do whatever you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Discoaintdead

Brilliant lads, thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

try a deeler up north. a lot cheaper and they have a better service aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Forget to mention. Due to the position of the fuel filler, water can gather there and get into the fuel tank if the little water overflow pipe is not kept clear so its a useful check to do and if you see that water gathers there, blow through the pipe with garage air supply. It happened me and I had to get new fuel filter etc and flush some fuel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement