Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare O2 upgrade best phone to get for selling on?

• 24-06-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

My sister is eligible for an upgrade on O2 but will be getting my old iPhone 3G. Anyway she's going to go ahead and get a new phone too which I'll be selling for her on eBay. Any advice on which phone to get would be greatly appreciated. I figure it's probably best to get one that I can get unlocked. PS I'm open to offers:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Presumably the one with the biggest difference between open market selling price for an unlocked phone and the subsidised price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

That's what I figured but am a bit too busy to do the research. Would also have to factor in demand and ease/cost of unlocking.

That's what I figured but am a bit too busy to do the research.

Ah right, so you want us to do the research for you.

If it is a bill phone O2 will unlock it, if it is prepaid phone it is not worth the trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Um...why doesnt she just get an iphone 3GS herself with the upgrade? seems a bit silly to sell a phone she'll have to pay for to get then tie herself into a 12 month contract and use a second hand phone, why not just get the iphone brand new altogether?

ardmacha wrote: »
    Ah right, so you want us to do the research for you.

Just looking for some suggestions is all. There was me thinking the whole idea behind forums was to help each other out!

Sister is a bit tight for cash so not in a position to get a new iPhone with it's expensive plan (o2 clear is quite a bit cheaper). Also hoping to make a little money on selling her upgrade.

• Advertisement

Unless she is on a high cost plan it is not worth while. A mere silver upgrade doesn't give you much of a subsidy and any stranger buying the phone is only going to do so at a significant discount.

Good point think she's on a gold but will have to check with her. This is something I've done before and made a tidy profit. Having said that times have changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

All you have to do is login to o2, see what price they want for what phone, then check ebay and see what the going rate is and adjust accordingly for specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Advertisement