Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Australia sucks

Options
  • 24-06-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia
    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
    'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '
    'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
    'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'
    'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
    'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
    'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'..'

And I thought Ireland was bad :eek:

Is this guy serious? What a clown. Its one thing when you're a country that has had what could be said a population that has lived there for thousands of years and saying stuff like this but when you are one of the 'nation of immigrants' this is mind boggling.
    USA, Canada, Brazil are all superior to 'Oz'

But then Oz was never really like the countries I just mentioned. Its not that some of the things he says don't have merit but this is 'OUR LAND' who made it your land?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Am afraid you have just been hoaxed :)

that mail has been doing the rounds for years now. Its just a hoax. Some of the versions has Howard as saying it some Rudd etc.

google hoax angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

Damm its a hoax, i agree with everything he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

myhorse wrote: »
    Am afraid you have just been hoaxed :)

that mail has been doing the rounds for years now. Its just a hoax. Some of the versions has Howard as saying it some Rudd etc.

google hoax angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday

Im afraid hes right. Its usually accompanied by a pic of the pm kicking a puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Lol. He comes across sometimes as such a muppet that I did believe that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Australia was built by the Paddies....

I only came to make sure it was being looked after..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

As if a Labour PM would ever offend any minority group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

'hoax' or not it echos the sentiments of a large percentage of the Australian Population, there are many wishing that one of our politicians woulds come out and say something like that, but instead its gonna come to a head in a few years time when some mosques get burned to the ground instead and we have proper runnin riots in the streets

'hoax' or not it echos the sentiments of a large percentage of the Australian Population, there are many wishing that one of our politicians woulds come out and say something like that, but instead its gonna come to a head in a few years time when some mosques get burned to the ground instead and we have proper runnin riots in the streets

already happened mate but the other way round funnily enough

havent heard of any mosque being attacked. The only places of worship attacked in recent times were four christian churchs(one in auburn). Guess the ethnic group responsable ?
    the sydney pack rapes? ethnic group involved?
    recent attacks on Indian students in melbourne? ethnic group involved?

dont suppose you were around during the "cronulla riots"? the causes and certainly the disgraceful aftermath made the Sunday afternoon look like a childrens fun day. And the whole of the eastern suburbs in lockdown afterwords. groups of a certain appearance approaching anglo/celtic looking people asking if they were "skips or what" say aussie and you copped a kicking. group responsible?

bankstown cop shop shot up in 98. group responsible?

Its not bloody surprising there is hatred towards some groups in Australia. Australia does have a problem but not from the usual suspects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He has it absolutely spot on. Its a pity other world leaders don't have the balls to stand up and say the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

already happened mate but the other way round funnily enough

havent heard of any mosque being attacked. The only places of worship attacked in recent times were four christian churchs(one in auburn). Guess the ethnic group responsable ?
    the sydney pack rapes? ethnic group involved?
    recent attacks on Indian students in melbourne? ethnic group involved?

dont suppose you were around during the "cronulla riots"? the causes and certainly the disgraceful aftermath made the Sunday afternoon look like a childrens fun day. And the whole of the eastern suburbs in lockdown afterwords. groups of a certain appearance approaching anglo/celtic looking people asking if they were "skips or what" say aussie and you copped a kicking. group responsible?

bankstown cop shop shot up in 98. group responsible?

Its not bloody surprising there is hatred towards some groups in Australia. Australia does have a problem but not from the usual suspects

I'm don't know much about anything australian. Any chance you could tell us the "group"?

• Advertisement

I'm don't know much about anything australian. Any chance you could tell us the "group"?

they will be described as "of mediterranean/middle eastern appearance" in the press for fear of upsetting their unelected community leaders. basically lebanesse.
    In fairness the christian lebs are ok'ish its the sunni and ****te groups (s h i t t e ) that are the trouble makers. usually the young men (late teens early 20's) 2nd / 3rd generation.

I will probably be labelled racist but, certainly, in Sydney their reputation is very very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Shame it's a hoax,I'd agree with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

I agree with the hoax.

Western people are expected and forced to adhere to the cultures and ways of non western countries when they live there, so why should it be any different when non-western people come to live in western countries??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

they will be described as "of mediterranean/middle eastern appearance" in the press for fear of upsetting their unelected community leaders. basically lebanesse.
    In fairness the christian lebs are ok'ish its the sunni and ****te groups (s h i t t e ) that are the trouble makers. usually the young men (late teens early 20's) 2nd / 3rd generation.

I will probably be labelled racist but, certainly, in Sydney their reputation is very very bad.
    Nothing racist about what you just said.I've seen some videos on youtube about the racial tensions in australia but never knew it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

never experienced any of that from that particular "group". More from the locals....and by "locals" i dont mean Bruce, Croc Dundee, Dame Edna and their mates. I mean the "original locals".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

christ, have we got so PC we cant even mention lebanese and aboriginal anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

There is a lot of racial tension in Australia, but I found the media would try to ferment a lot of it - I remember when there was a news piece on channel 10 about a doctor charged with the murder of the head of South Australian mental health, the news reader added the comment " a muslim" after his name ( which sounded french).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

christ, have we got so PC we cant even mention lebanese and aboriginal anymore?

Take your racial slurs back to your klan meetings you nazi!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah I was at the Cronula riots, I was in Maroobra at the time and wandered down to the fringes of it about halfway through, Although it was deffo started by them lebs y'knoes there were a fair few Mulleted, singlet wearin, flag draped bogens millin about bashin foreigners at the time.

great Laugh tho, if ya likes riots ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

A Lebanese gang started it by assaulting people on the beach. They were down from the Kogarah area I heard. The idiot bogans and some neo nazis were the ones to kick off the random beatings on locals though.
    The following days were all lebs trying to retailiate on the "schkippy poofs" though. Bogans are tryhard idiots, but the leb gangs are brutal thugs.
    Im a Shire man myself, when I heard about the "riot" on the news I wasnt proud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Im as anti politically correct as anybody but tbh Ive never met a more racist bunch than the Aussies. The Irish are about the only race they have almost always entirely positive words to say about! tbh Im waryest of the street people in the Cross, it is pretty shocking that the Sydney police allow the area to exist as it does (and apparently it used to be worse)

Anyway, Lebanese women are disproportionately hot (albeit with somewhat dodgy accents ;)

Funniest Ive seen is in Paddys Market, one lad has a stall where he sells a shirt with an Aussie flag saying something like "This is Oz. We drink beer. We eat pork. We speak English. If you dont, then **** off home!"

The irony is the guy selling this bogan birthday present special is Chinese :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭aiecquest

Many of the racial related issues are due to Australians own inferiority complexes and those of Anglo/Celtic/European background assuming they have some form of cultural monopoly over Australia.

Especially during the Howard years there were nuanced yet still racial based arguments and policy being pushed, to the shame of majority of good Australians.

Fact is Australia is a land immigrants, and even if they appear "white" one only needs to scratch the "Anglo" surface to find huge diversity in colour, creed and background.....it is what makes Australia great.

Jumpy wrote: »
    A Lebanese gang started it by assaulting people on the beach. They were down from the Kogarah area I heard. The idiot bogans and some neo nazis were the ones to kick off the random beatings on locals though.
    The following days were all lebs trying to retailiate on the "schkippy poofs" though. Bogans are tryhard idiots, but the leb gangs are brutal thugs.
    Im a Shire man myself, when I heard about the "riot" on the news I wasnt proud.

the aftermath got no international press. what happened on the sunday was tame to say the least but got blown out of all proportion.
    however the aftermath was beyond believe with the cops even allowing the armed convoys through as they were to afraid to stop them. and thus allowed the onslaught on the area

Am a Clovelly dandy myself. Not used to such raffish behaviour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

aiecquest wrote: »
    Fact is Australia is a [of] land immigrants

I suspect there are more than a few Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who would disagree with you.

They, and the immigrants from Germany, Italy, and various other parts of continental Europe, would disagree with the earlier comment about "the Paddies built Australia", too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

JustMary wrote: »
    I suspect there are more than a few Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who would disagree with you.

Aboriginals are actually originally immigrants themselves as they migrated from the Sub-continent through what is now Indonesia.

JustMary wrote: »

They, and the immigrants from Germany, Italy, and various other parts of continental Europe, would disagree with the earlier comment about "the Paddies built Australia", too.

German & Italian migrants really did not migrate in many numbers unitl the goldrush period.....

Australia was already pretty much settled for the previous 80 years by British & Irish convicts and free settlers.. and was stll viewed as a penal colony of little intrest to other Europeans until find of gold.

Some of the most influential people in Australia during the 19th century had an Irish background from Protestant, Catholic, gentry & Ex-Convict.

still being built by Paddies to this day..........

Advertisement