Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wine & tapas

Options
  • 24-06-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Has anyone been to the new wine & tapas bar in Naas?? If so whats it like, thinking of going this weekend..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

whats it called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mj4

Its Las Rada, booked in for Sat night, so see how it goes, something different. Are you based in Naas??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do they do lunch? I work near Naas sometimes and somewhere different for lunch would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

yeah i am let me know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mj4

Hi, had tapas and wine in Las Rada on Saturday night. It's a great little place. 8 of us went, sat in a cosy cornor under the stairs. The food was really good, lots of tasty tapas. We had a selection from the board, my favourite was the figs wrapped in bacon with blue cheese sauce!! There was a great buzz in the place. I'd defiantly recommend it. It has a full bar as well as wine. Its going to be my new place in town!! You should go sometime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ginamalone08

Hey,
    This place is fantastic. I went last Sunday evening with some friends. We're always looking for somewhere comfy to meet on Sundays to chill and have a chat among the girls. We were greeted by a very pleasant gentleman who seated us by the window, right where we requested. Instantly we felt at ease. The atmosphere was blissful, as we immersed ourselves into the smooth funky musical beats and soothing evening sun shafts that clothe our table. We began by wetting our lips with a beautiful Chilean wine that was recommended by the delightful hostess, whom had soon arrived to attend to our requests.

A black glass board mounted on one of the walls served as our menu in this bar, which is a quite normal way for tapas to be presented. The menu was indeed quite scrumptious with a variety of mouth watering tapas ranging from a simple but tasty bowl of olives or beef and mozzarella nachos (which I though needed more sauce, which I mentioned to the hostess and was assured my request would be met the next time I called) to falafels with tzatziki or baby back ribs to pheasant & mushroom terrine. My favorite however was a quite unusual dish which I have never tasted anything quite like it before, warm dates stuffed with goats cheese lightly dusted in breadcrumb, yum yum!

We ended up staying in the tapas bar for almost 3 hours, while later in the evening venturing outside to the quaint seating area just at the entrance to watch the evening wind down in Naas. I highly recommend this place for a relaxing evening with good food and wine in an enchanting atmosphere. Thumps are most definitely up for this one. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alanvor

Hi there

Went Las Radas last night on the off chance. What a fabulous place. The place was very close to full on a Thursday night, and boy do they deserve it. Thanks Jules for your attentive service, great food and great value. We tried just about everything on the Tapas menu and were'nt disappointed with anything. The food is fresh, tasty and very good value for money.

The place is so well decorated and the music totally relaxing.

I would highly recommend it to anyone, and please be adventurous and try all their dishes. A lot of imagination, creativity and cooking skill goes into every dish.

Well done Jules

Regards
    Alan & Lynda

:):):):):)

Advertisement