Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chossing the right primary school

Options
  • 24-06-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am new to Boards.ie so a big hello and i hope to use the forum a lot in the future. Myself and my wife have to decide which primary school to send out young son to in 2010, yea i know i can't belive it either.

We live in Firhouse and we have a place in Scoil Carmel automatically. We have also inquired with St.Colmcilles in Knocklyon. Has anyone out there sent their kids to Scoil Carmel and if so what is it like? alternatively St. Colmcilles is outside our catchment area so we may or may not get a place. An informed decision on both would be very helpfull.

Thanks a lot.:):)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Depending on enrolement policy in a school, you might be cutting it tight.
    Think what is important to you , religion,single sex or mixed, Gaelscoil, Educate Together,sport, class size?

Make an appointment to visit any school you are interested in and get the name down asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You should also try the Dublin West forum, OP:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1020

Or the Primary and Pre-School:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I have a daughter in Colmcilles and would highly recommend it. My other three went there too. However I think you would be very lucky to get a child in as they are always over-subscribed. No harm to put his name down in any case.
    Scoil Carmel has a good reputation too. I know a fair few kids who've gone there and no problems.
    Best of luck!

P.S.
    There is a Gaelscoil in Knocklyon too which might suit you either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chillout

Thanks for tip on the correct forum to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chillout

Hi thank you for the advice. I got the impression from the admissions office in St.Colmcilles that we would be lucky to get our son enrolled. We want to try all avenues before when next year rolls around so that we aren't caught out.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement