Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting on UFC?

Options
  • 24-06-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Does anybody bet with Paddy Power on UFC?

Just had a look on their site and they do have a UFC/MMA section, i can place a bet on who will win from select fights from UFC 100 and 101.

What i want to know is, can i do accumulators on UFC? I would like to stick a few € down and predict 3 or 4 fights for big odds, i do it weekly for the footy but im unsure if Paddy Power have that set up for UFC.

Anybody know for sure?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Yep they do accumulators. had a accumlator for the ultimate fighter event last weekend. The odds on wilks and pearson were ridiculous, got the 4 fights i bet on right but lost a potential 400 euro because i stupidly added a hurling bet to the accumulator as well, aaagh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

Boyles are great with MMA. I had an accumulator worth €600, my mate ssuggested if i added Pat Barry to win it would become €1000

Of course all of my fighters won except Barry.

Feck!

But great bettig options. Most of the time they give you good options on the Main event (KO, Sub, Decision, which round etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ooooh brilliant.

If i stroll in closer to the time of the event should i see a sheet (ala the footy) or do i need to request the bet? Im thinking Lesnar, GSP, Bisping and Fitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Yeah, i bet with boylesports on boxing and ufc, easy money!!!

once they had marcus davis still down after his fight was over and i bet all i had and got 600 euro's for free!! :D wish i had more to bet,

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Goin out on a limb here, but due to the variety of ways to end a fight in MMA and that some fighters would have lesser boxing defence skills so more knockouts happen for the underdog would people go along with the fact that an MMA fight is hard to call when it comes to betting?

would love to see stats on how often the favourite wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

paulieeye wrote: »
    Goin out on a limb here, but due to the variety of ways to end a fight in MMA and that some fighters would have lesser boxing defence skills so more knockouts happen for the underdog would people go along with the fact that an MMA fight is hard to call when it comes to betting?

would love to see stats on how often the favourite wins

Its harder than low level boxing matches because there is less mismatches but not that hard at the top as some fighters are just so much better than there opponents, the likes of GSP, Penn, Silva etc..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I dunno if any of you guys ever read MMAJunkie but there's a guy there who goes through the betting before each event, breaking everything down and giving an opinion on which plays to make and which aren't worth it.
    It's always an interesting read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I dunno if any of you guys ever read MMAJunkie but there's a guy there who goes through the betting before each event, breaking everything down and giving an opinion on which plays to make and which aren't worth it.

I've not read it, but will check it out....after I bet.

I hate reading other people's comments or thoughts before I put my money down as I wouldn't want them to influence my decision and I get beat.

I could say the same for Lawro's predictions on bbc every weekend....but then again you just bet the opposite to him and touch for at least a few results :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭EoinHeffernan

MrStuffins wrote: »

I read through his picks for UFC 99, 4 out of 9 came through. Thank god i didn't take his advice on Al-Turk v Cro Cop. Now granted he only recommended a small bet on Al-Turk but how could you possibly bet against Cro Cop!!! Actually, dont answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I find bet fair can be better for individual odds, but the lower profile events don't hve the same cash flow. Bookies often make a right mess of odds,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

paddy power is pretty crap for betting as it only gives win/lose/draw theres no option on the website for different outcomes for the fights unless you go into a paddy power office and request the odds them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I like the Paddy Power betting. I had an accumulator for UFC 99 on. I would have won 360 euro if Wanderlei had won :mad: The odds for single betting are not great so you would need to bet on a few to make some money on it.

I like the Paddy Power betting. I had an accumulator for UFC 99 on. I would have won 360 euro if Wanderlei had won :mad: The odds for single betting are not great so you would need to bet on a few to make some money on it.
    Well, considering its almost always a two option bet the odds will never be great.

GSP/Mir/Henderson is just under 4/1 on PP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Mellor wrote: »
    Well, considering its almost always a two option bet the odds will never be great.

I'm not betting on UFC 100 cos the fights are way too close to call. The majority of the last card (appart from the main event) was pretty clear I thought. While Alves, Lesnar and Bisping are the underdogs they could very easily win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I'm not betting on UFC 100 cos the fights are way too close to call. The majority of the last card (appart from the main event) was pretty clear I thought. While Alves, Lesnar and Bisping are the underdogs they could very easily win.

last time i checked lesnar was the betting favourite in his fight, so if you really do think he's the underdog (i'm not so sure) Mir is a good value bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can you get accumulator odds on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

They have a calculator where you can enter it, or if you enter some figures into the site it should bring up a panel that will automatically work out accumulator odds

Paddy Power's website usually gives options for method of victory, will the fight go the distance, fight of the night, etc. the week before the show. I don't think they did for UFC 99, but that was the first time this year that they didn't

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    last time i checked lesnar was the betting favourite in his fight, so if you really do think he's the underdog (i'm not so sure) Mir is a good value bet.
    Lesnar is a favourite, and a big one at that
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Yeah, for any combo of most bets (UFC with football etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

im going for bisping, alves and coleman, 20euro pays out over 700euro,
    i know they are outsiders but i think they all have a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hellsing

roakey wrote: »
    im going for bisping, alves and coleman, 20euro pays out over 700euro,
    i know they are outsiders but i think they all have a good chance
    It's a nice potential pay off, but Coleman will kill that bet. The man has ridiculously bad cardio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Hellsing wrote: »
    Coleman will kill that bet. The man has ridiculously bad cardio

yeah!!! I would avoid Coleman like the plague!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I added Jon Jones and Fitch to that and a €10 accumulator on PaddyPower returns €69.50, well worth a punt imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I added Jon Jones and Fitch to that and a €10 accumulator on PaddyPower returns €69.50, well worth a punt imo

But Jonny Jones pulled out with an injury didnt he?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

Im going to be taking MIR and ALVES at 7/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

Hellsing wrote: »
    It's a nice potential pay off, but Coleman will kill that bet. The man has ridiculously bad cardio

i hear what your saying, but bonnar is not that great, hes done nothing really since tuf, im just hoping to get one good round out of coleman maybe he can pull off a stoppage or submission.

i think bisping might have to much for hendo, he is more hungry and id say he wants it more, and should be unbeaten, very close loss to rashad

as for alves i think he will knockout gsp in the 2nd round, big quick and powerful. thats just my few cents, hopefully it comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy83

If it's allowed... Could someone post the Current Odds for UFC 100? Work has all betting sites blocked hehe. Boylesport seem to offer slightly better odds than Paddy Power.

Last time I checked, Bisping was around 3/1, same for Mir...

Which is a decent Accumulator when adding GSP or Fitch to the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

I have a 78% win rate on PP. **smug**

RNCFAN wrote: »
    I have a 78% win rate on PP. **smug**
    78% isn't that high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

78% isn't that high

:pac: Well thanks for taking a giant dump on my mediocre achievment there friend.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I threw a fiver on a GSP/Bisping/Frank Mir treble with Boylesports.

Nearly 50 euro back if they win.

I quiet fancy my chances.

Advertisement