Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up during the week, what to do in Dublin

Options
  • 24-06-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

I am becoming increasingly fed up with absolutely nothing happening during the week these days other than the odd few beers.
    Like most of the time when I come home during the week, usually around 5, there's nothing else to do with my night. Nothing.

Wait for the weekends and that's it, anyone else fed up?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i went to heron city while over in madrid. its a great place. dublin needs something like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Go to the local library - open some nights 'till 8 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I thought that was going to be some kind of heron-themed visitor's centre... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

Head for a swim, please don't tell me its cold, I go swimming all year round, you can surely go swimming in the summer. Its not Saint Tropez but the 40 ft in Dun Laoghaire is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

1.Round up two mates and get yourselves down to the Tea Garden on Ormond Quay.
    2.Get a pot of "vital woman".
    3.Rent out a hookah pipe and try the apple sheesha
    4.Kick back and relax

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i have the same issue, i go to the gym every day after work, come home, cook dinner, then it's about 8pm. Then all I can do is stare at the ceiling or watch something on my computer, I can't stand what they show on TV. I think it's these long nights, they make you feel like you should be doing something. I am starting a degree at night in September as i just can't take this idleness anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

+1 on the sea swimming.

Got out yesterday evening to a beach in North Dublin.

8.30pm - the water was calm and not cold at all. Was swimming around watching this clear golden sunset just over the horizon - Absolute bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

any of you play soccer , could get a few together to play astro , i am the same in the evening and my mates seem very content to do nothing , really annoys me as i have to be doing something

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

If you fancy a flutter, try the dogs. On most nights of the week in either Harolds Cross or Shelbourne Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Get the Dart out to Howth and walk around the cliffs. That would kill a few hours, and the views are lovely. There are many parts to tackle depending on where you want to start. You can get the bus up to the Summit and start from there if you don't wnt to walk up hill, then you end up in the harbour again. There is also a crappy amusement park there now in the harbour as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You could also go to Deer Park Golf club, grab a fishing rod, Or drive around with yer mates in a souped up Nissan micra while playin stompin choons and park in the Summit carpark and throw cans of Dutch Gold/Bavaria everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Sit in Stephens Green with a few mates, or even on your own with a book.
    Watch the sexah women.
    Bask in the sunshine.

Its win all around, beautiful this time of year if not a bit packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

superbad50 wrote: »
    any of you play soccer , could get a few together to play astro , i am the same in the evening and my mates seem very content to do nothing , really annoys me as i have to be doing something

Yeah actually going for a game of soccer tomorrow but it's a one off and it's a friday ffs :eek:

Had been playing last year every week but with work scheduele had to give it up. Astro is a rip off imo as well tbh, sure I have the largest park for countries around right beside me :D
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    i have the same issue, i go to the gym every day after work, come home, cook dinner, then it's about 8pm. Then all I can do is stare at the ceiling or watch something on my computer, I can't stand what they show on TV. I think it's these long nights, they make you feel like you should be doing something. I am starting a degree at night in September as i just can't take this idleness anymore!

same here except I don't go 'every' day, as much as perhaps I should/would like to :)

TV is ****, like you say, have the odd decent thing on that's it, reality, soaps, cutting edge series's fs like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

How about
    - gym / sport
    - take the camera and go for a drive/walk somewhere. It's a nice hobby and it is a pleasant way to spend an evening. If you're in Ashtown, why not do the Canal walk? :)
    - check out the Dublin Event Guide.
    - There are often art launches in town and entry/nibbles are free. Good way to meet people outside of pubs
    - Evening course
    - Dance classes in town
    - Have people around to yours for a film/beer/chat :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Get yourself a fishing rod, this is my first season at it and myself and the lads are all.... 'hooked' on it! Great way to spend the evenings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nallandnanyways

Get yourself a fishing rod, this is my first season at it and myself and the lads are all.... 'hooked' on it! Great way to spend the evenings!

Ive never fished at all so more and more lately Ive been thinking of giving it a whirl. Im always looking for new 'stuff' to do with my little guy and he's getting to the age now where fishing would be safe and fun for him.

Whereabouts do you go? How did you get started, ie rods and gear etc? Can you rent gear to start with to see how you get on?

*wonders if theres a fishing forum*

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Ive never fished at all so more and more lately Ive been thinking of giving it a whirl. Im always looking for new 'stuff' to do with my little guy and he's getting to the age now where fishing would be safe and fun for him.

Whereabouts do you go? How did you get started, ie rods and gear etc? Can you rent gear to start with to see how you get on?

*wonders if theres a fishing forum*
    Couple of the lads had done a small bit before so we just decided to give it a go a few weeks back - none of us had a clue, and still don't to a certain extent but sure that's all part of it!
    If your looking to get rods etc I think your best bet is a bait shop called 'ABC' just off Capel st. They'll sort you out and won't try to sell you their Granny like other shops around Dublin!
    We've been to Strawberry beds, Leixlip and Clane river fishing but Howth is your best bet if you want to actually catch something!!

And yes, there is a fishing forum with plenty of helpful people!!
    ....Sports-Angling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Go lift some weights

Advertisement