Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graduation

• 24-06-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey, I havent a clue about graduation. Just wondering How many family members can you bring on the day? Heard that its only two that can sit with you but there will be extra seats at back? Also heard that you get a letter about where to buy a robe. How much does it cost roughly? Can you collect it on the day or would you have to come up to maynooth(or whereever supplier is based) before hand? When they call your name, do you just go up and collect a cert?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Tasha90 wrote: »
    Hey, I havent a clue about graduation. Just wondering How many family members can you bring on the day? Heard that its only two that can sit with you but there will be extra seats at back? Also heard that you get a letter about where to buy a robe. How much does it cost roughly? Can you collect it on the day or would you have to come up to maynooth(or whereever supplier is based) before hand? When they call your name, do you just go up and collect a cert?

Thanks!!

You can bring as many family members as you want but you'll only get 2(sometimes 3) tickets. They can queue for seats on the balcony and there's a live video feed into physics hall so they can watch from there. It costs roughly 40 to rent, not to buy the robe, but you'll get a letter with info in the pack about graduation. You can collect it on the day if you're not local. You'll also get info about photos in the pack too. And info on where you need to go before your ceremony where people will explain what's gonna happen inside aula during the ceremony. But basically when they call your name you go up and collect a big piece of paper you won't understand as its in Latin. (unless you speak latin of course :) ) Think that answers all your questions.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭waghag

If you don't go to graduation can you still get your diploma posted out or something. I'm probably unlike the rest of the world in that the idea of wearing a cap and gown is hell , I'd rather do anything to be honest:o I hate ceremonies and attention , it will be into the registry office if I get married.lol!
    What happens afterward is there a party or can you just get the hell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

You'll get a postcard type thing to send in if you won't be there and they'll post it out to you. You also don't have to wear the cap! :D It is mighty uncomfortable! and there'll be 200 ish other people graduation so the attention's only on ya for about 20 seconds! They do have something on in pugin for you and 2 other people to go to straight after but you don't have to go, think most people just go after getting pics taken. Go have dinner with the family.......
    And then meet up with all the mates in the roost that night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Anyone know what date it's on this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

• Advertisement
Advertisement