Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired and Wireless

Options
  • 24-06-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi I'm not very good with networking stuff but currently I have a netopia 3341 wired router and I want to setup a wireless connetion for my laptop.

My question is can I order a wireless router from eircom and have my desktop wired(ethernet)through this wireless router but also setup a wireless connection for my laptop,using the same router.

Hope that makes some sense.

thanks for any reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

In short, probably yes.
    I have read on these forums that an Eircom customer is entitled to a new router/modem after 2 years. I'm sure some one will confirm that.
    The Netopia 2247 they supply is both wired and wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

Thanks for the reply Fuzzy Clam

Just spoke with Eircom this morning and they charged me 50 Euro for the wireless router.Might be of some use to people thinking about changing to wireless.

Advertisement