Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats poohing in my front garden

Options
  • 24-06-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Im having an issue with cats poohing in my garden. Where i live there must be 20-30 cats living. the garden used to be made up of small stones and cats used to think it was a large kitty litter as the buried the pooh under the stones .

Now I has put down sods of grass and noticed that every day there is two or three poohs in the garden as now the cats can not bury it

My question is , How to I prevent the cats poohing in the garden as it seems to be just my garden they are doing it in ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

theres a black cat poohing in it right now:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Run out and roar at him. Then do a search on the forum because this has been done a couple of times before - but never with totally conclusive, proven results unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

deep heat, ralgex etc, but some claim it is harmful, i do not know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Squirt with a garden hose and they eventually get the message.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

mirrors in the garden deters them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Shotgun, but then you'll have a different mess to clean from your lawn.

Can mess up the sod if you don't quite hit Kitty square.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Blackjack, refrain from posting in this thread please, unless you have something constructive to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There are ultrasound repellers you can buy - no idea of price. My brother had one at one stage and it worked a treat.

I had a problem when I put down a gravel bed in the front garden - damn cats kept burying their **** in it and ripping up the weedblock sheet underneath so I bought a box of Catapult from a garden centre - haven't seen cats there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stoblerone

BVB wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im having an issue with cats poohing in my garden. Where i live there must be 20-30 cats living. the garden used to be made up of small stones and cats used to think it was a large kitty litter as the buried the pooh under the stones .

Now I has put down sods of grass and noticed that every day there is two or three poohs in the garden as now the cats can not bury it

My question is , How to I prevent the cats poohing in the garden as it seems to be just my garden they are doing it in ?

Fill up old clear plastic bottles with water and leave them on the grass. Don't know how it works but it works. Might be something to do with the water reflecting the light. "But what about at night", I hear you say. Strange, but it works at night as well. Some times it's better not to ask why things work!

Anyhow I know how you feel and I hope whatever you do to stop it works.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Listen, every one, either animal or human has to go to the toilet how would you feel if you had to go to the toilet in the front garden of a cats house and you started getting trouble off a the cat? You would stop liking cats thats for sure and that cant be good for anyone....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Listen, every one, either animal or human has to go to the toilet how would you feel if you had to go to the toilet in the front garden of a cats house and you started getting trouble off a the cat? You would stop liking cats thats for sure and that cant be good for anyone....

Actually that's quite a good idea. You could threaten the cat with " If you don't stop c*apping in my garden, I'll come and c*ap in yours", you could also bring a shovel and dig up his plants. That'd work, cats are reasonable creatures I'm sure.
    Don't be fooled people, this was obviously posted by a cat that has morphed. Continue the battle to rid our green pastures of these obnoxious pests. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

TroLOLcat? :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Macros42 wrote: »
    There are ultrasound repellers you can buy - no idea of price. My brother had one at one stage and it worked a treat.

We have one of these and it works great, works of 9v battery and can move round to scare the be-jasus out of them... Cost about €50 from Mr Middilton about four years ago, not cheap but the damn cats were dirtying round the kids play equipment and something had to be done..:mad:

something like this...
    http://www.mrmiddleton.com/shop/product.php?productid=306&cat=110&page=1

€59 now !!

Cheers

Advertisement