Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tales of Vesperia

• 24-06-2009 9:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody getting this friday?Its look cool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Downloaded the demo and hadnt a clue what I was at so gave up on it. Liked the look of it though reminded me of Final fantasy 9.

Thinking of picking up Lost Oddyssey instead on the cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

yea i played the demo aswell all i can say it's ok it's very kiddish game i prefer playing star ocean the last hope though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I probably won't get it on fri, but I definitely will at some stage. It's about time we got this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

£35.94 on Gameplay.co.uk including postage

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

At this stage I'm thinking of getting the PS3 version with the additional content. This game came out almost a year ago in the US. Shouldn't have to wait so long for it on this side of the pond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Vyse wrote: »
    At this stage I'm thinking of getting the PS3 version with the additional content. This game came out almost a year ago in the US. Shouldn't have to wait so long for it on this side of the pond.
    Same here, I mean I still haven't even started Lost Odyssey properly (which btw joe123 I got new in Xtravision for €10!). I'll probably be able to pick up Star Ocean 4 from a bargain bin to tide me over until Tales of Vesperia comes out. Assuming of course a PS3 port of Star Ocean 4 doesn't get announced in the mean time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I like the look of it but I'm after my second playthrough of SOTLH and I don't think I could go for another rpg just yet. Maybe Ill pick it up in a month or two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vyse wrote: »

You sure it will be out? Namco can be a bit funny. They had a port of tales of symphonia out in japan for the PS2 that they never localised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Not my type of game so i will be giving it a miss.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You sure it will be out? Namco can be a bit funny. They had a port of tales of symphonia out in japan for the PS2 that they never localised.

My copy shipped yesterday from gameplay uk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Podge2k7 wrote:
    Not my type of game so i will be giving it a miss.

To be honest it's not really a JRPG. The game has no random battles and all the battles play like streets of rage and nothing like a normal JRPG. There's levelling up and the stories are usually good fun saturday morning cartoon fare. Worth giving the demo a go anyway. All I know is that Tales of Symphonia was one of the best games I've ever played.
    My copy shipped yesterday from gameplay uk.

I meant the PS3 version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tales of Symphonia was one of the best games I've ever played.

Same here loved that game,Is the battle system in vesperis similiar to symphonia then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Vesperias battle system is a bit different. There is more to it and it's harder to get used to. It is more enjoyable once you are used to it. There are random battles in Vesperia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anybody get it?I mite get it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

friend got it in dublin city centre,only place that had it was gamestop and they only had one copy of it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

rejkin wrote: »
    friend got it in dublin city centre,only place that had it was gamestop and they only had one copy of it :eek:

Weird, I checked around at about midday-ish and everywhere had plenty of copies. Cheapest was €50 in Gamestop though. €60 in the GAME I checked and €53 in HMV.

Battle system does take some getting used to if you haven't played any of the versions since Tales of Symphonia! Seems slightly slower and more calculated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

he prob just went in before they started stocking them on the shelves. yeah i tried out the demo and its a lot like star ocean and eternal sonatas style of fighting. nothing like the turn based fighting of other rpg's

Well I got it yesterday,Have'nt had a chance to play it yet will report back when I've had a bash off it :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

pretty decent game, it does remind you of Final Fantasy as someone said already, the battle system is nice once you get used to it. I really dont like the way you gotta hold LS down then press A to fire the mad stuff (forget what it's called). Hell I still need to get back to SO4, Lost Od and Blue Dragon, not enough time.

Anyway, on first impressions, I think that anyone who liked the cartoonish style FF's will love this game once they have the battle system sussed.

C|F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm gonna hold off on this one for a while, reason is 2-fold. Firstly, I've a stupid amount of unfinished games left to play. Second, I've bought a few of the JRPGs new, just had to have them at release! But they always drop in price faster than your average game, so I'm gonna hold it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Really liking it so far, just "picked up" Karol.
    Story is progressing a little slowly, but I can deal with that for now.

The storylines usually aren't anything special, it's mostly the combat you play for. They are all usually very long games.

Really liking it so far, just "picked up" Karol.
    Story is progressing a little slowly, but I can deal with that for now.

Same here,Im a bit ahead of you,just gone to a certain mages house.I would'nt mind playing some of the other tales games,too bad most of them dont get released over here.

Tales of Eternia got a PSP release and is excellent. Avoid the GBA port of Tales of Phantasia though and get the emulated and translated version. It's a real shame a lot of them never even make it to america let alone Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd have this already only I'm so broke. I'm just about affording food until friday. I had a quick look around Galway today and didn't see any copies, though I only looked in Smyths and Xtravision. Anyone know are they around town? Ideas on price?

you'd be better of looking in game or gamestop,I payed 59 for my one in game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone selling their copy of Tales of Vesperia? Seems to be a tricky one to track down and i don't really want to shell out €60 for it!

quarryman wrote: »
    anyone selling their copy of Tales of Vesperia? Seems to be a tricky one to track down and i don't really want to shell out 60 for it!

Check the link I posted in an earlier post above, 40 euro delivered from UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Check the link I posted in an earlier post above, 40 euro delivered from UK.

thanks, but looks like its sold out :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I picked it up in Gamestop for 50..

Advertisement