Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Entrant onto Wrestling Videogame Market

• 24-06-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/sports/aaaelvideojuego/news.html?sid=6212457&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title
    While wrestling fans may have qualms with THQ's WWE SmackDown vs. Raw and Midway's TNA Impact!, they may be happy to know they're guaranteed at least one "AAA" title in the near future. Upstart publisher Slang has announced AAA: El Videojuego, the first Mexican wrestling game for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PSP, and DS.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 editions of the game are being developed with the Unreal Engine 3 by Immersion Software, with offices in Guadalajara, Mexico, and Bogota, Colombia. An Immersion representative today confirmed for GameSpot that the game should arrive on both those platforms in late 2009 or early 2010, with launches targeted for Latin America and the United States. Argentine developer Sabarasa Studios is handling development on the Wii, PSP, and DS editions of the game, with those editions set to trail Immersion's efforts to retail.

AAA: El Videojuego will feature the league's familiar six-sided ring, as well as a number of international stars, including ex-WCW wrestlers La Parka and Konnan. Other AAA stars who could be included but are not yet confirmed for the game include Octagon, Abismo Negro, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, and Silver King. One issue not addressed in the teaser is whether the game will feature the company's "mini" division of diminutive wrestlers like El Guapito and Mascarita Sagrada.

Comments

Wouldn't be into it myself,looks like a flop already by the projected audience. (North and Latin America)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wouldn't be into it myself,looks like a flop already by the projected audience. (North and Latin America)

You do realise just how popular wrestling is in Mexico don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That stands a chance for moderate success in that region. I'm not sure if that will make worldwide release though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Last I checked, PS3 games are region free (I am open to correction there) and the US version should work over here.

Last I checked, PS3 games are region free (I am open to correction there) and the US version should work over here.

You probably know what I am thinking after reading this one dude... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

AFAIK both the 360 and PS3 are region-locked, but most developers don't bother with it, particularly on the PS3.

That game could actually be pretty good if it's using the unreal engine.

amacachi wrote: »
    AFAIK both the 360 and PS3 are region-locked, but most developers don't bother with it, particularly on the PS3.

That game could actually be pretty good if it's using the unreal engine.

They don't bother on the PS3, but they do on the 360.

Advertisement