Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Cookie?

• 24-06-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

My phone is busted, need to get a new one. Have about 150 euro max.. My friend said to get one of these - Are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

youd be better off with the lg viewty imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Any major differences?

Actually nvm, it looks out of my price range. Think I'll go for the cookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I have the cookie and I hate it. I bought it at Christmas. I think I have a faulty battery so it turns off when it feels like it. The touchscreen is fairly unresponsive so I'm looking at changing again.

Hm ok.. Any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I bought the Cookie a few weeks ago and I also hate it! Lost my phone on a Saturday night....went shopping the next day EXTREMELY hungover and just picked the first phone I saw :(

Texting is really awkward and slow, especially when using predictive texts. You can turn it sideways and use a QWERTY keyboard to type with (using your stylus that slides out from the bottom of the phone) but it can also be quite slow if you're a fast typer and sometimes seems to randomly delete words so you have to read through the text before sending :confused:

Another thing I dislike about it is that there is not "Meeting" profile (like the one on Nokia phones). I like just having a Beep ringtone and message tone when I'm at work but they don't have anything like that. I ended up recording myself saying "beep" and use that as my message tone :o:o:o

One of the WORST parts is the battery. It lasts about 2 days which is ok, but the phone will say that the battery's full until an hour before it goes dead. Very annoying. It will go to 2 bars and then very quickly after that it will go to 0 bars and you literally have minutes before it's gone.

The camera is good but AFAIK I can't zoom on it! If it's possible then I haven't figured it out yet but I don't think you can!

The screen goes into power save mode very quickly which can be annoying and it locks automatically. You can turn the auto-lock off but you're much better off having it on.

There are many other things that annoy me about it but I'll be here all night! Wish I'd just gotten another simple Nokia one!

ok thanks, think i might get a tocco light instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I too need a new phone. Thinking of the LG Viewty. I'm on holidays in the UK and its 100 pound, but i'll have to pay 20 pound to get it unlocked with vodafone and 6 quid for a 2 GB Memory card. Still alot cheaper than it is on Vodafone in Ireland. Would people recommend it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I bought the Cookie a few weeks ago and I also hate it! Lost my phone on a Saturday night....went shopping the next day EXTREMELY hungover and just picked the first phone I saw :(

Texting is really awkward and slow, especially when using predictive texts. You can turn it sideways and use a QWERTY keyboard to type with (using your stylus that slides out from the bottom of the phone) but it can also be quite slow if you're a fast typer and sometimes seems to randomly delete words so you have to read through the text before sending :confused:

Another thing I dislike about it is that there is not "Meeting" profile (like the one on Nokia phones). I like just having a Beep ringtone and message tone when I'm at work but they don't have anything like that. I ended up recording myself saying "beep" and use that as my message tone :o:o:o

One of the WORST parts is the battery. It lasts about 2 days which is ok, but the phone will say that the battery's full until an hour before it goes dead. Very annoying. It will go to 2 bars and then very quickly after that it will go to 0 bars and you literally have minutes before it's gone.

The camera is good but AFAIK I can't zoom on it! If it's possible then I haven't figured it out yet but I don't think you can!

The screen goes into power save mode very quickly which can be annoying and it locks automatically. You can turn the auto-lock off but you're much better off having it on.

There are many other things that annoy me about it but I'll be here all night! Wish I'd just gotten another simple Nokia one!

Spot on with your analysis. You can zoom in after the picture has been taken and there is no light so the quality of the photo is dreadful if your not in a well lit area.
    Battery does go from 2 bars to nothing very quickly and I'd forgotten about the words just disappearing when texting, that's really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

I've got to say I love my cookie. But I'm not that fussy so maybe that's why. It does what it says on the tin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement