Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to Lahinch

• 24-06-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey, I had agreed with a mate to head to Lahinch for the weekend surfing. However, my car just broke down, can anyone advise how to get to lahinch on public transport? Is that even possible? the internet's coming up with zilch.

Im leaving Friday, after work, Im taking a half day. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Getting to Lahinch from where?

Bus Eireann serves Ennistymon, Doolin and Lisdoonvarna. I think starting from Ennis and/or Limerick. Check their website for details.

From there you have to use your thumb or a taxi, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tower Ranger

On Bus Eireann if you look for the buses going to doolin - a couple a day each way. These go through Lahinch
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1238149414-333.pdf
    only advertised from Limerick/Ennis
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zednanrefnomar

Depart Ennis Station - Arrive Lahinch
    10:25 - 11:05 (Mon-Sat)
    14:25 - 15:10 (Fri only)
    15:00 - 16:00 (Mon & Fri)
    18:25 - 19:05 (Mon-Sat)

Depart Limerick Station - Arrive Lahinch
    09:35 - 11:05 (Mon-Sat)
    13:35 - 15:10 (Fri only)
    17:35 - 19:05 (Mon-Sat)

Depart Lisdoonvarna - Arrive Lahinch
    08:15 - 08:40 (Various days)
    12:50 - 13:25 (Mon-Sat)
    18:00 - 18:20 (Fri only)

Above is for guidance only. Check with Ennis Station at 065-6824177.

Coming from Galway direction, a connection is necessary.
    There is route from Galway to Lisdoonvarna & Doolin,
    and another one from Galway to Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Good luck moving the boards of public transport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Brillian stuff, thanks alot, except for the boards of public transport one, I dont get that.

Im coming from Dublin, so those bus time tables are pretty handy, I can get a train straight from Dublin to Ennis so, well changing a couple of times. Ill give the Ennis station a ring, do you know do they come back from Lahinch as well?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's a couple of direct trains from Dublin to Ennis, so it shouldn't be much trouble for you, they you just reverse your journey.

I think they are talking about your surf board, but I know a couple of surfers that say that the bus drivers from Ennis to Lahinch are fantastic with their boards and they always look after them very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Ah right, the shame for me, Im going down for newbie lessons, don’t have own board or suit :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's some great schools back there, you'll have a ball.

Advertisement