Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed checks

Options
  • 24-06-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I have a fair idea that I'm after being snapped by our wonderful Gardai in their wonderful GATSO. It happened on the Tulla Rd. just after the Centra shop. Its the second time I've spotted them there but this time I don't think I spotted them in time. Just as a matter of curiosity and not in an effort to avoid them in future does anybody else know any places where they frequently park their fat over paid rear ends... sorry I meant to say their wonderful GATSO.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Maybe keeping the speed limit would be a solution?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hey hey, look what a quick google of "Irish Speed Traps" brought up :)

http://www.irishspeedtraps.com/

The Tulla road is a very built up area with a lot of kids out there, IMVHO this is 1 of the better places they could have a speed trap trying to deter speeding rather than on a long straight part of dual carraigeway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Anyone who speeds in a built up area deserves to be caught.

That stretch of road is particulary dangerous, as it goes down a hill, passed a big housing estate entrance, into a bend up a hill! No one should be doing more than 60Kmh max on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I thought nit was 50Kph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

I have a fair idea that I'm after being snapped by our wonderful Gardai in their wonderful GATSO. It happened on the Tulla Rd. just after the Centra shop. Its the second time I've spotted them there but this time I don't think I spotted them in time. Just as a matter of curiosity and not in an effort to avoid them in future does anybody else know any places where they frequently park their fat over paid rear ends... sorry I meant to say their wonderful GATSO.

the onely way out is to stop speeding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm fairly sick of people giving out about getting caught speeding. You're breaking the law. It's illegal to go over the designated speed. If you get caught, blame yourself. It's your fault. The guards are there to uphold the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm fairly sick of people giving out about getting caught speeding. You're breaking the law. It's illegal to go over the designated speed. If you get caught, blame yourself. It's your fault. The guards are there to uphold the law.

as long as it isnt raining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

so if its not raining, you are saying your not going to be caught? that doesnt mean anything, ive seen them out in the rain before. if your so worried about getting caught the buy a speed camera detector

www.delonixradar.com.au/

doubt this will be much use to you dead tough, you might get some use again in a wheelchair if your lucky but i doubt any 3rd parties you injure or kill would forgive you for trying to save some cash by avoiding a fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

so if its not raining, you are saying your not going to be caught? that doesnt mean anything, ive seen them out in the rain before. if your so worried about getting caught the buy a speed camera detector

www.delonixradar.com.au/

doubt this will be much use to you dead tough, you might get some use again in a wheelchair if your lucky but i doubt any 3rd parties you injure or kill would forgive you for trying to save some cash by avoiding a fine.

Radar/camera detectors are illegal in ireland so i wouldnt recommend this, you end up in far more trouble than just the speeding ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bourneready

asmobhosca wrote: »
    Radar/camera detectors are illegal in ireland so i wouldnt recommend this, you end up in far more trouble than just the speeding ticket

new iphone has all the radar detecting kit on its apps program.
    Some are free some cost 5 dollars.
    My mate has one says they work definitely for fixed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement