Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Problem

• 24-06-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

The other day I managed to leave my lights on all night and the battery ran down. I charged it up again but now my radio isnt working. The manual says to turn on the radio and enter the code number if this happens. I cant do this for two reasons, the radio wont turn on and the radio card is blank where the code number is meant to be.

My question is, is it possible to do a simple DIY job on it or do I have to go somewhere and pay huge amounts to fix it.

The car is a '01 Golf and the radio is the one that came with it, Radio System Beta is the name on the manual.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

check the fuses.

as for the code if you ring volkswagen with the chassis number ( i think )
    they should be able to provide you with a code.

ring around dealers as some might want to charge you.

( this is providing that you still have original volkswagen radio in it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

if you radio won't even turn on to let you try the access code ,then i would suggest that you check the fuse first of all.
    cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

Martron wrote: »
    check the fuses.

as for the code if you ring volkswagen with the chassis number ( i think )
    they should be able to provide you with a code.

ring around dealers as some might want to charge you.

( this is providing that you still have original volkswagen radio in it)

my god ,you're a much faster typer than me!!!!

ha ha you had better speed up!!!!

its funny i just replaced battery so thats what made me think of it so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try that in the mornin and let ye know if it works

• Advertisement

Checked the fuses and they're all ok. Any other ideas?

strange one alright. is it an original radio for the car. are you sure you attached all the leads back to the battery because is it is a different radio that came with the car somebody might have not instslled it properly so they might have ran another wire to the battery that you might have missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The Radio System Beta came with the car from the factory, from memory the Comfortline had the Gamma. The original supplying dealer should have the code. Did the radio refuse to turn on immediately after you recharged the battery, or did you input incorrect codes? You could try leaving it switched on for a while, sometimes coded radios have a built-in delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

pd101 wrote: »
    Checked the fuses and they're all ok. Any other ideas?

The radio fuse for these radios is on the back of the radio unit so you will have to pull it out to check the fuse. Are you sure you checked the correct fuse?

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    The radio fuse for these radios is on the back of the radio unit so you will have to pull it out to check the fuse. Are you sure you checked the correct fuse?

Thats probably it, I didnt realise the fuse was in behind the radio. I'll check again later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement