Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potty Training

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi there,

I have 4 1/2 month King Charles puppy and cannot seem to get her potty trained. i have tried training pads, newspaper and I put her outside everytime I see her soiling in the house. I also congratulate her when she does it outside but it is very rare. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You've got to make up your own mind first. do you want her to go outside or inside?

If it's to be outside forget about the newspaper and training pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

We are currently potty training our 11 week old pup. He is fine on the newspaper. Odd time he goes on the floor if we catch him in time we then place him on to the papers so he knows where he is supposed to go.
    He was paper trained when we got him but for first few days wouldnt go on the papers at all. We got a puppy training spray basically it smells like another dog and makes them want to go there.
    Now we just need him to go outside ;) too much to explore, but basically once they start using the papers you bring them closer and closer to back door then eventually out the door.
    Our pup sleeps in the sitting room has papers there and at the back door and sometimes will go from his bed right to the back door to go.
    We congratulate when he gets it right. If he goes on the floor we just clean it up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ambrannigan

I want her to go outside of course. When we first got her she was not allowed outside so we used newspaper and pads but she just peed on the sofa or rug.
    Now that she is fully vaccinated and wormed etc. we have been putting her out everytime she goes in the house but she still doesnt seem to grasp it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 nearly_there

With ours they were brought outside after feeding, napping and playing. It was exhausting at first but they got used to going outside and learnt very quickly.

The only problem was during the night but i think as they get bigger that they can hold onto it until morning. But again outside just before bedtime and straight away in the morning. Hope this helps

Advertisement