Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

climbing wall - belcoo

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

i seen something in the sligo weekender mentioning a climbing wall, i dont know if it is open to the public but i would love to give it a go and it would be a new challenge, anyone any ideas?

also i am trying to lose weight and recently took part in the biggest loser challenge ran by the San&&itae gym, i enjoyed the challenge and am now giving myself a four week challenge but i want to try a new activity each week, a surfing lesson is one and a friend plays squash so going to give that a go, any other ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I've been playing squash for years, although I've stopped recently with college and work and everything else.
    It's a great way of keeping fit.
    What about just going for a run, it's free and healthy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

am training for a triathlon and also doing boxing one or two nights a week, what i want is to challenge myself is do something totally different that i would not normally try.

was in jersey a month ago and had planned to try abseling or rockclimbing but it was too wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

It is open to public. We looked into it not so long ago. Will post a link as soon as I found it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

That place looks great, I never knew it existed. Thanks darealtulip. I might try and get a few people together and make a weekend out of it. Pity they don't have paintballing or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    am training for a triathlon and also doing boxing one or two nights a week, what i want is to challenge myself is do something totally different that i would not normally try.

was in jersey a month ago and had planned to try abseling or rockclimbing but it was too wet.

Keep it in mind for next year I will be doing freediving courses which need general fitness. Diving deep on a single breath is easy its coming back up is where the challenge is. Try snorkelling and see if you like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thecraichead

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    a friend plays squash so going to give that a go, any other ideas?

Squash is a fantastic sport for keeping fit. Careful, you'll become addicted..
    Where do you all play? I'm up for a game if anyone is interested.. Haven't played in a couple of years

Squash is a fantastic sport for keeping fit. Careful, you'll become addicted..
    Where do you all play? I'm up for a game if anyone is interested.. Haven't played in a couple of years

Squash is played at the tennis club on the Old Bundoran Road. There are 4 squash courts, 2 of very good standard, the third is ok but the fourth is fairly cold hence not too good. There is a Winter league for all standards where members play in a ladder format every Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

a friend of mine is a member and she plays a good bit so has mentioned to me about going down with her and trying it out.

just want to try different things, have looked at the climbing wall and going to orrganise a day out soon as there seems to be a great water adventure thing also

Advertisement