Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another remenissing thread ***Warning*** This time i'm drunk

• 24-06-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

What was the best school tour you ever went on? Forget about secondary school because we always seemed to go to France and watch one of the science teachers get drunk and then vomit.

Primary school tours were the best because everyone went and the anticipation was huge. Singing on the bus, warm sandwiches, even warmer red lemonade and good weather(most of the time)

My best one was going to see the Kremlin Gold in the history museum and then we went to the Wax Museum and finished off the day at Clara Lara(no one touched me :pac:)

Savage crack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

whoops meant for AH :pac::pac: I did warn you. Can someone move it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

ha cool i'm half shot atm too. Mine has to be mosney! Sixth class we even snuck a few cans for the day. First real drunk experience. Youth Great times eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Good Lord that was a horrific sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

jesus christ GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

tribulus wrote: »
    Good Lord that was a horrific sight.

I wish it was removed before i clicked on it.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

galwayrush wrote: »
    I wish it was removed before i clicked on it.:mad:

me too, that was nasty!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Somebody tell me what it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

What's a school tour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

All mine sucked. We went to the farm twice, and then Collins Barracks about 6 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Has to be the 3 days in Paris. Versailles, and Disneyland too. Our priest chaperon got pick pocketed on the metro. Im sure whoever done it will burn in hell. But I had a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Overheal wrote: »
    Has to be the 3 days in Paris. Versailles, and Disneyland too. Our priest chaperon got pick pocketed on the metro. Im sure whoever done it will burn in hell. But I had a laugh.

Weird.... That's my favourite school tour as well, the exact one, even the priest being robbed, though that happened on the Eifel Tower.... I don't suupose you originally went to Ennis National School? :p:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

We never went on school tours in Primary School. Every year the principal would tell us that "the insurance was too tricky".

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Did five tours of duty in the Arklow Pottery Factory and three in Bettystown. Anyone else from this era?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

coolure house in westmeath, went there for a week in 1994. th eteacher wouldnt let us watch family though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

This post has been deleted.

Ohh Clara Lara..how I loved that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think the best school tour I was ever on was the one where i had left school after 3rd year and was working in an adventure center, and the teachers had booked into it, for my 4th year... I strolled with the clip board and said hello the senior instructor said this is ***** he's going to show you to your rooms....

The teacher rushed to him and said he doesnt work here does he, he was like yep hes allso going to be on night duty for the week :D.... i let my class run a muck for a hole week... It was awesome..... good time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Going to Tara Hill and being told we were the most misbehaved class they'd ever seen...we were so proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Going to Tralee and the AAqua Dome in 4th class what a laugh and we all got very giddy on Tanora (It's a cork red lemonade) after wards and then got a spin on the steam train... Going back to cork was great fun too caus the buss driver got lost!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

Somebody tell me what it was!
    me too. goddamnit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I had to repeat Junior infants because I was sick a lot in my first year, so effectively I spent 9 years in primary. In my 9 years there, Im pretty certain I went to the fcukin zoo each year.

We and the animals were on a first name basis by the time we finished :rolleyes: Ironically, we always thought they looked pissed off, but I'm pretty sure they were pissed off for us.

"Oh god no. Not these poor bastards again".

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

The Ulster-American Folk Park, year after year that's where we went.

Every year of primary school, and then secondary school too. Teachers in Derry must lack imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

grundie wrote: »
    The Ulster-American Folk Park, year after year that's where we went.

Every year of primary school, and then secondary school too. Teachers in Derry must lack imagination.

I had sex there! Not on a school tour though :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I had sex there! Not on a school tour though :)

An excellent contribution! Now, where else did you have sex? Do tell!

Anywhome, I actually don't really remember going on any school tours. They all usualy went abroad skining or whatever, so I just stayed at home or fecked of to Spain. I went a few places in college, but for the life of me I cant recall anything in particular in school. :/

We went to Bunratty one year and had a blast. Eventually we got back to the school only to realise we had left a kid behind..

.. what makes it worse is that a bunch of us had seen him running for the bus as we were pulling out but decided not to say a word because we thought it was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

went to newgrange nearly every single year in primary.... everyone got real excited each time even though we knew the place like the back of our hands.

Went to Croke Park in 6th class which one of the best tours i've been on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Overheal wrote: »

WTF! In primary school?

WTF! In primary school?

Overheal's a yank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Going to Tara Hill and being told we were the most misbehaved class they'd ever seen...we were so proud.

Read this earlier and still laughing :D:D:D Such a typical example of school kid mentality!! We were told once (in secondary school I have to admit) that we were the worst behaved year EVER*....... we still talk about that with pride :o:)

(*though we were a mad year we weren't brazen/bad, was more in a craic/blagarding/playing funny pranks kinda way........aahhh......fun times:)!!)

Advertisement