Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Submission!

• 24-06-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Have you ever seen a wrestler submit to two submission moves at once?
    When I was younger I once saw Sting submit to a camel clutch and a figure four leg lock at the same time!
    Let me go look to see if it's up on youtube.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Watch some Dragon Gate 8-man tags and you'll see eight men locked into submissions simultaneously. Even, better, watch them reverse them one after the other, without breaking the chain. Awsome.

Cant see that happening as the camel clutch is done while crouched over a downed opponent and a figure 4 leg lock is done while lying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DragonGate? is that like the Watergate of wrestling , sure sounds suspicious and corrupt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

cant remember exactley what matches but im pretty sure Benoit, Angle & Jericho had matches where there was a disputed finish as two of them had their submissions locked in on one opponent at the same time and they tapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

tuxy wrote: »
    DragonGate? is that like the Watergate of wrestling , sure sounds suspicious and corrupt

Something like that only far more entertaining and decidedly more earth shattering.:pac:

Back on topic, I have a vague memory from ECW of something like a combination Boston crab and camel clutch, possibly one of those three way dances invloving Tajiri, Super Crazy and someone else, which I thought at the time were the greatest thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

cant remember exactley what matches but im pretty sure Benoit, Angle & Jericho had matches where there was a disputed finish as two of them had their submissions locked in on one opponent at the same time and they tapped.

First thing that sprang to mind for me was Benoit and Jericho doing the crippler and the walls of jericho on an opponant at the same time, looked awesome too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

orestes wrote: »
    First thing that sprang to mind for me was Benoit and Jericho doing the crippler and the walls of jericho on an opponant at the same time, looked awesome too
    Didn't they do that to Ragal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Didn't they do that to Ragal?

I think they did it to a few people when they teamed together around the time HHH got his first quad injury, could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Luger passed out in a Scorpian Deathlock front facelock combo from Fake Sting and Hogan at Fall Brawl 96.

Jericho/Benoit and Benoit/Angle used to put their submission moves on at the same time on a few guys. Most notably Austin tapped out to the Walls/Crossface at KoTR2001 but the ref couldnt decide who he tapped out to so the match continued.

Angle/Foley had Jarrett in the ankle lock/Mandible claw at whatever ppv was before Slammiversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

Cant see that happening as the camel clutch is done while crouched over a downed opponent and a figure 4 leg lock is done while lying down.

Would the sharpshooter count as a mix of the two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Benoit & Malenko had two different finishers as a tag team in WCW.

One was a Benoit diving headbutt while Malenko had them in a Texas Clover Leaf.

The other was simultaneous Texas Clover Leaf and Crippler Crossface.

Pity I can't find any videos to show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

When they were feuding with Jericho/Benoit, Angle and Regal combined the ankle lock with the Regal stretch. What an awesome midcard that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

tuxy wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a wrestler submit to two submission moves at once?
    When I was younger I once saw Sting submit to a camel clutch and a figure four leg lock at the same time!
    Let me go look to see if it's up on youtube.

TECHNICALLY impossible no? A figure 4 is performed on a grounded opponent facing upwards, whereas a camel cluctch ( a la steiner recliner) performed on a grounded opponent facing the mat

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Perhaps it was an indian deathlock and a camel clutch

Advertisement