Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

java and geodata, mapinfo in particular.

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

I'm building a java app that queries a database (mysql) and returns townland information and other statistical info. There is a unique identifier in this recordset which correlates to a set of coordinates in a mapinfo mif file.

Anyone know of any good java libraries that can help out? I'm struggling with google today

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not really sure if this is what you need, it is major overkill for what you are doing by the looks of it. But there may be some libraries in it you can use.

http://www.geotools.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

thanks, I think I came across that yesterday but struggled to find a good example for MIF manipulation.

Will see if the programming gods are kinder to me this evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

thanks, I think I came across that yesterday but struggled to find a good example for MIF manipulation.

Will see if the programming gods are kinder to me this evening.

That is the problem with using larger frameworks and products that are not used by alot of people. I am working with a large proprietory CMS system at the moment, and Google, it does nothing ;).

Advertisement